Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default lake cumberland,dale hollow questions

Thinking about a road trip to either or both lakes next summer.

Are there campgrounds around the lakes?

Any idea on how long a drive it is timewise between campsites for both lakes?

Is it worth the drive from the middle of florida--maybe 14hrs oneway?

Any "gotta do/see" things around the lakes?

thanks

Just starting to think of the next Moomba adventure for next year.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

We just got back from Barron River Lake not far from Cumberland and Dale. Had a great time plenty of camping good ramps water temp 84 degrees.
    Google what ever lake you choose and you will get plenty of info. Its only a 6 hour drive for me I will go back.

Daze, I'm thinking about taking one over by Cary, NC. It's not quite as far and the lakes are beautiful.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Daze, I'm thinking about taking one over by Cary, NC. It's not quite as far and the lakes are beautiful.

what lake? camping?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

We have taken a trip to Dale Hollow the past 2 yrs and I have not seen any camping. Of course the Hollow is a big lake and we were only on a small part of it. We rented a house boat both yrs though. The lake is very nice and peaceful,,very deep and very beautiful. Good bass fishing as well. We went the end of may this yr and the water was pretty cold then.

We have been going to Dale Hollow for 15 years now.Never camped, always rented a houseboat.If you Goggle Dale hollow marinas I know several have campgrounds that come with boat slips.If you want calm water I'd stay away from Cumberland,too many big cruisers.
    jy

Reese350 Guest

Hey Stacy,

I promise you wouldn't be dissapointed with Lake Cumberland. It's an incredible lake. I'm not sure about camp sites but there are definately cabins for rent at really reasonable rates. If you get a few people to go, renting a houseboat and just staying on the water is the way to go.

Check out www.statedock.com. There are probably a dozen or so marinas you could check out around the lake. I think there are something like 1,200 miles of shoreline with 66k acres of water. Plenty of water for everyone.

We love it...

Scott

Sled491 Guest

Daze, that's why you thought I had been. I was planning a trip with ChadM from the boards here this year. Campgrounds with cabins was the route we were going. Had to back out though because we are heading to Fort Lauderdale for the TKD Nationals. PM Chad he'll hook you up. If your thinking next year we still want to go. About 9 - 10 hrs for us, very doable

Coming from the sunshine state I would look at Norris Lake, it's right on I75 about 30 mintues north of Knoxville. It's less of a party lake the Cumberland, just as big as Cumberland and bigger than Dale. The one great thing is that your boat is right outside your cabin, house, or condo. If you want to camp they have all kids from the state park to primitive camp sites.

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    If your thinking next year we still want to go. About 9 - 10 hrs for us, very doable

That would be fun, something to think about.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold