Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tazz3069

Default tazz3069

Wondering if you got your ballast fill working properly--the vented lines?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I wish. I should be getting my new hose today. I already have the vented loops ready to install. Right now my boat is taken apart. All the floor boards are out right now. I did this for two reasons: First, I needed to extend the hose to the front ballast. I am installing the vented loop under the driver side dash. Second, I noticed the hose was really pinched between the gas tank and floor board. I am hoping to get it all together before the weekend. My buddies want to hit the lake this weekend. I will post pictures of the process as I go along. I already found a great spot in the rear of the boat for the vented loops to go I just need extra hose to go to the new pumps I put in. I waiting long enough for all the material. Now that I have everything I need, its time to get my arse in gear and finish.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

tazz,
    How many scoops do you have under the boat?
    If less than one per tank, how are you going to split the flow?
    Thanks.

GF--
    I have 3 1" scoops under the boat. I remove the existing, which I found out is 3/4". I purchased a 1" carbide hole saw to cut into the fiberglass. It was like a hot knife through butter. Now I just got the hose I need to finish the project. I will attack it this weekend. I really hope that it work. I mean after all that I did to the boat.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    GF--
    I have 3 1" scoops under the boat. I remove the existing, which I found out is 3/4". I purchased a 1" carbide hole saw to cut into the fiberglass. It was like a hot knife through butter. Now I just got the hose I need to finish the project. I will attack it this weekend. I really hope that it work. I mean after all that I did to the boat.
    Man, it takes stones to drill through the bottom of the boat. I had to work up the nerve just to drill for my cleats. I can't imagine drilling 1" holes in the bottom. I think I'll stick with skiing and I only have to worry about tightening up the pylon once in a while!

yes, i was a bit nervous. I must have checked and measure and check and measured and check several times until I drilled the holes. Used the marine silicone/sealant and it was perfect. when I water tested for leaks, everything was fine.

tazz3069,
    The whole world is watching!!!
    Any update on the vented loops?
    Thanks.

Still waiting for the weather to get better. The new plumbing is finished. I need to post the pictures of what I did. I hope to take it to the lake sometime this week. I go on vacation next Saturday and would love to get all the bugs out before we go. I also have pictures of my LED lights that I did at the same time.

Tazz, any updates???
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Ok guys, here is the updated. The pumps are tons faster. I did run into a small problem though. When I emptied the bags, and went on my way, the bags filled by themselves. Very upset again. I called Jason from wakemakers.com to ask him about what had happened. He told me that it might be the scuppers I had installed. He is now sending me 1" thru Hull brass fittings. I will post again when testing. Maybe next week. It all depends when I get the fittings.