Default Gas guage doesn't work

Any known fixes for a gas guage on an 06 LSV that won't work. It's kinda scary being out on the lake long not knowing how much gas you've got.

Thinking back, the gas guage on the Moomba we test drove before ordering ours didn't work either. The salesman made it sound like no big deal.

I'm thinking they either put a cheap guage in there or there's a problem within the tank & the sensor that communicates with the guage.

Based on your bilge issues i'm guessing here you have loose connections behind the dash at the gauges. It's not unheard of, one of my speedos was loose on delivery. Get back up there and check every terminal connection at the gauges. I'm betting you'll find loose ones. Also check all your breakers at the switches.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Check the connection behind the gas Gauge they have a habit of not being tight because there just slip on. Generally the gauge stays on E when it has no power to it. It goes to F when its got a bad ground connection.

If the connections are tight then check the sending unit by the tank for the same connections.

If all this is good unplug the gas gauge and put a voltage meter on it to see if you have power. Not sure what it will read as this is dependent on the fuel in the tank.

If you have voltage at the gauge and gauge isn't working then replace the gauge. If you don't have voltage at the gauge then the wire to the gauge is bad or the sending unit for the gauge from the tank is most likely the problem.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

My advice, NEVER go to the water without a full tank. I have never been in a skiboat that had a guage that was worth a crap. One would think with modern tech they could install a guage that would accurately measure the fuel level in a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by brownski View Post
    My advice, NEVER go to the water without a full tank. I have never been in a skiboat that had a guage that was worth a crap. One would think with modern tech they could install a guage that would accurately measure the fuel level in a boat.
    This is my thinking. We always fill it before the trip to the lake. Fortunately the most we have ever used is just under 1/2 a tank and that cost 60 bucks. Im lucky enough i pull the rear seat forward, remove the V drive cover and see the back side of my tank. I see if its getting really low.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks guys. Checked the terminals last time we were at the lake. They were all tight and all breakers were fine. It's staying on E all of the time.

We did A LOT of boating while we were down. Filled it up one day but went about 60 miles round-trip by boat exploring the lake. Filled it up the next morning and it took 36 gallons. I think it only has a 40 gallon tank. Too close for comfort.

Next time I'm down I'm going to try Mandley's other recommendations above.

Well i'll say this, mine is accurate as hell. I can guess at the station within three gallons how much it'll take as i know SC has a built in reserve pad.
    2007 Mobius LSV