Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default bilge light stays on but won't pump

I'm hoping someone can help me! I've got an 06 LSV. Last summer my bilge started acting up. The light would come on the bilge switch on the dash but it wasn't pumping. It would stay on since there was water in the engine compartment making the float lift to the on position.

I thought it was the bilge. Contacted MOOMBA but it was out of warranty. Contracted the manufacturer of the bilge pump and they were quick to send me a replacement. Went down and installed the new one and am having the exact same problem.

Any ideas????

Well if you've replaced the pump then i'd say it's possibly an obstruction in the hose. Of course that's given that the pump is actually pumping? Have you flipped the switch and then checked the pump for power and such? Suction?
    2007 Mobius LSV

The pump is not pumping. I've taken it out of the braket that holds it to the hull and pushed the float up myself. Nothing. The light comes on on the dash that shows it is on but it is not pumping. But since this is now 2 pumps that have done the same thing, it's go to be something electrical...I would think???

Test the continuity at the terminals, i'm guessing you have a loose wire somewhere. I'm assuming you pushed the breaker at the switch correct? Check the wires behind the switch and make sure of connection.
    2007 Mobius LSV

There should be 3 wires to the pump. One is ground. 1 is 12 volts all the time and 1 is 12 volts only when switch is manually on. Use a test light or digital volt meter to check.

I was having a similar problem with mine, except that it would stay on all the time, and continually pump (even when the ignition was off) causing the battery to die overnight. It turned out to be carpet stuck in the float, the dealer replaced the pump under warranty and I haven't had a problem since.
    2013 Outback V

Default The verdict...

A mechanic from a nearby Mastercraft dealership went to our dock today and looked at the boat. He says the ground is bad but he doesn't know where. Anybody know where the ground wire on the bilge runs to (too hard to track it all the way to origin) or have any suggestions on how to run it to a new ground location?

Run your own ground wire then it doesn't matter what happens with the original ground.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Ran a new ground wire and it's working like a champ!

I replaced mine a week ago after the light would stay on and the pump wouldn't pump anything. I got it unstuck but it was just so old it was junk. New one works great.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!