Thread: Ballast Hose

Default Ballast Hose

My Hose has been shipped.
    Last edited by tazz3069; 06-23-2009 at 05:55 PM.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz3069, I had a rough time finding ballest hose also but finally found something that would works great. Its a little more flexable than the original but cost less than any thing else I could find. Our local Ace hardware had heater hose in 50' rolls and the price was pretty good! You might look at a local hardwear.... I couldnt find anything that would was close to cost and durability at home depo??

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default hose

Yes, Ace is the place, Home depot for the sprinkler manifold and valves (orbit) ,Radio shack for the switches dpdt ( double pole double throw) and the wiring schematic done my me . It takes some thought process and lots of wire and connetors. Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

What size is the ballast hose, 3/4" correct? Please correct me if im wrong.

I upgraded to 750's last year and have not had any problems with the hose disconnecting until recently and need to extend the fill lines and would also like some extra so I can make my own portable pump assembly.

Also, for anyone who has extended their fill line what type of connection did you use and where did you buy it. Thanks in advance.
    2005 Mobius LSV

When I put the 750's in my 08 LSV, I rerouted the fill hose to fill from the front top hole rather than the back, and cut 2 "mouse holes" in the engine compartment separator near the ballast valves. Has worked great so far, and I can use the rear plug to vent the bag in the event I get air in there.

Default hose

I just used a 3/4" barbed hose splice and clamped each side them moved the quick connect to the end of the new hose and reattached with a clamp. I added about 20" of hose and it seems like plenty.
    2008 Supra 22V

Quote Originally Posted by jeilers1 View Post
    I just used a 3/4" barbed hose splice and clamped each side them moved the quick connect to the end of the new hose and reattached with a clamp. I added about 20" of hose and it seems like plenty.
    i did the exact same thing ... works great.

Thanks for the ideas, I had never heard or thought of drilling a hole in the engine separator and re-routing to the front port on the sac. Sounds like a quick and easy fix but Im sure like many I dont want to drill any holes. Im gonna use the hose and splice method and fix it up this weekend.
    2005 Mobius LSV