Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reese350 Guest

Default Summer Sabbatical

We took 6 weeks off work this summer to spend with the kids on the water so I thought I would share some pics. Our 9 year old is on the wakeskate, our 8 year old is on the wakeboard and slalom ski, and just yesterday we taught our 4 year old to wakeboard. Notice the roo on his new board. He loves it! Now that the kids are so active behind the boat, I find that I would rather pull them then actually go myself. Never thought I would see that day. I hope everyone is having a great summer on the water...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Scott, thats great, man your lucky to get so mutch time off.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Those are some great pics. Looks like you guys are having a blast.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That is awesome. My son is starting to see the light of the joy of wakeboarding. We are leaving the kneeboard at home on the next trip..
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Very cool! What industry are you in, if you don't mind me asking...
    2013 Outback V

Reese350 Guest

Thanks guys, we are having a ball and are very blessed to be able to take the time to enjoy the Moomba as a family.

Ian, I work in the computer software industry. Our company has an awesome benefit where every 4 years you get to take a 6 week paid sabbatical to go recharge your batteries. It's pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Reese350 View Post
    Thanks guys, we are having a ball and are very blessed to be able to take the time to enjoy the Moomba as a family.

Ian, I work in the computer software industry. Our company has an awesome benefit where every 4 years you get to take a 6 week paid sabbatical to go recharge your batteries. It's pretty cool!
    WOW i do the same, i work in the computer biz but ours is every 7 years for 8 weeks. I think i like yours better Reese LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Reese - Time with your wife and kids is time well spent. You are indeed fortunate to be in a line of business that offers this sabatical benefit. If I had it, I would do exactly the same thing. My boys now are 23, 21, and 15 and I love to be with them. Always have. Family is a gift. And, yes, we are having a great summer on the water. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by Reese350 View Post
    Our company has an awesome benefit where every 4 years you get to take a 6 week paid sabbatical to go recharge your batteries. It's pretty cool!
    Yes, that is very cool. Time with the kids is very important and your very lucky. However ,not sure I could go back to work after 6 weeks off.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Hmmm. Maybe 5 weeks with the kids and then a week off from that.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!