Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

ian - I look across to the other side of the wake, like I'm setting up for the next (imaginary) turn ball. This broke me of the habit of looking down and reacting to the bump. In addition, I always start at 15 off. It's easier than full length tow rope. My comfort zone runs 32 - 34 mph. I have no interest in 36 mph. (I gladly leave that to Sled and some of the other more accomplished skiers on this BB.) I don't wakeboard so I can't compare the two, but I gotta think that the demands presented by water skiing would tire a guy more quickly. I have found that when I am tired and technique is out the window, I end up getting hurt. Give yourself plenty of rest between sets. and HAVE FUN! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I've just learned to slalom. I weigh 140 and ski at 28 mph. Don't rush the speed. You need to learn proper form first. If you are flying down the lake you will spend more time trying to get through it all than learning how to cut hard and lean through the wakes. Proper form makes it all feel so much better and rewarding. It takes more work than wakeboarding but the results are more satisfying. Baby steps. Get the proper form down then increase the speed. You'll feel better and look more impressive to everyone else in the end. (which makes for great photos!)

Default salom resources and fun

There are some local events in my area which I went to last year and were so so fun. I bet you could learn alot from a varity of people there. Go to http://www.silverspraysports.com/ and check out the events. The Big Dawg is so cool.

Sled491 Guest

Wow, very cool, where did all these skiers come from. I dig it

Quote Originally Posted by skigirl1212 View Post
    There are some local events in my area which I went to last year and were so so fun. I bet you could learn alot from a varity of people there. Go to http://www.silverspraysports.com/ and check out the events. The Big Dawg is so cool.
    I've been to Silver Spray a bunch of times, but never to any of their events. It looks like they've got a wakeboard even this Sunday; I'll have to shoot out there and check it out!

Thanks for heads up!
    2013 Outback V

Regarding the skiing. I think I'm pregressing fairly quickly. I rode a few times this week and I'm starting to feel alot more in control, and I'm really starting to feel the cuts.

I'm definately going to demo some new skis this summer to find one thats perfect for me.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    ... to find one thats perfect for me.
    ya, right, i have said things like that before. would liketo really see or even hear of it happening.,

oh wait, i have a Moomba!

I'm starting to get the hang of things. I'm picking up the pace, riding around 30-32MPH.

Here is a picture of me riding this week:

A little slack in the rope, but its the only picture that came out good.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Ian - Lookin' good! Keep that line taught. You're catchin' up to the boat. Maybe push more weight onto the ski front to decelerate or don't pull as far across the wake? Keep it up. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Ian - you are still skiing two handed - right?
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off