Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Boat Lift for a 2009 LSV

Do any of you guys use a boat lift? I'm thinking of getting one and don't really know of any good brands or models. The slip I use is 14x24 with about 5-6 feet of water under it. I'm wanting to stay under $5k for sure, and don't mind if it's manual, just something that won't rip off my tracking fins/prop/rudder and will keep the boat out of the water during the work week while summer is here. Inflatable docks would be cool too if anyone has had good experiences with em. Anyone have any good ideas or know of any good brands/models? Thanks in advance guys.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Reese350 Guest

We have a 2006 LSV and we've used a 4000 lb Great Lakes Lift manual for the last couple years without any problems. This year, we upgraded to a 4000 lb hydraulic Shorestation with the key fob remotes. So far, it has been awesome. It is 2 years old and we have about $3,600 in it including the solar panel to keep the battery charged. Both lifts have had no issues with fins, etc. I suspect you can use just about any lift as long as it is 4000 lb + and you adjust the bunks correctly. Good luck!

i second the great lakes, I have the 4000lb model with the electric motor and remote. works great. Lighter than the shorestation if your are physically putting it in. check out my pics in my photo album.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Good info, think I'm going to get a manual one to save cash tho. And those came in under $5k ? Do I go straight through great lakes or do i request info/order from a retailer?
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

I got a shorestation 5000lb # from my buddy this year It is awesome Remote fob and solar charger also just like was stated above

I got mine for cheeeeep look around find a slightly used one and you will save hundrends
    2007 Outback V

if you have fixed dock and structure overhead (ie boathouse or pilings) look at lunmar cradle lifts @ http://www.lunmarboatlifts.com/

I posted pics of my lift/boathouse in my profile.

I have a Summit lift w/ a Commander electric motor. It works just fine for my 2007 OBV. It has quite a bit of ability to be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    Good info, think I'm going to get a manual one to save cash tho. And those came in under $5k ? Do I go straight through great lakes or do i request info/order from a retailer?
    Lance - Look around for a used one if you are on a budget. They last pretty much forever and you can save some cash right out of the box. You can then plow your savings into a canopy, lift motor, etc. I started with a used Shore-Station and added a new canopy and am now adding a motor and will still be under $5k. I also got a couple of Stowz-All storage nets for up in the canopy and we leave the tubes and other crap up there.

Default Hewitt lift

I bought my Hewitt lift in 2003. I did a lot of hand cranking. I just installed the canopy and the lift motor. The boat is much better protected with the canopy vs the cover. The motor is cheap, but it is so much better than hand cranking.

I paid $2800 for the lift in 03, I just paid $1800 for the canopy and catwalk, and picked up the lift motor from Overtons for around $400.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Dang, Paul, that's looking real good. I love the canopy look.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!