Default Tower Speaker Connectors

Hey guys I'm new to the fourm. Looks like a lot of great info in here. I am looking for ways to make the connection through the fiberglass by the tower base for the tower speakers. I have found a few harnesses on line, but it is hard to tell how big they are and what they would look like installed. I was wondering if you guys had some examples of what you had done to get the wires from the amp to the top of the tower.

Welcome to the forum! Most, if not all have run them up thru the bottom of the tower leg(s). What year and model boat do you have? If you crawl into the front storage locker where your battery is and look up where the tower is mounted you should see that the tower mount has a circular section open. That's where you run the wires up. You would run them like your tower mounted anchor light is done.
    2007 Mobius LSV

On my 2002 lsv my anchor light is connected with a thru hull disconnect but I don't currently have any pictures of it. The Dealer had installed the tower Last year. So I guess it depends on the kind of boat and tower installed.

I have a 2009 Outback V. I have the anchor light plug that was factory installed. It's a 4-pin connector, and I think I am looking for an 8-pin for the tower speakers. I liked the factory connector, but was wondering where to find an 8-pin, or some alternative. Thanks for the heads up about the circle under the tower mount!

here is an older thread that i remember viewing a while ago. this member used a speakertron cable. Enjoy the many pics

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ll+plug&page=2
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

sweet. How do you guys find these older threads?

just use the search function at the top of the forum page. you be amazed what you can find....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I did the same as the factory plug, but used a 8 pin connector: these are Deutsch connectors, more info here: http://www.laddinc.com/search_submit...&type=contains
    Attached Images Attached Images

Perfect! that is Exactly what I was looking for! So 2nd question now..... where can I buy one? Can I just order 1 pair from laddinc.com ?
    Last edited by robster1213; 06-19-2009 at 12:04 AM.