Default HSE Volume Control

My remote next to me when i am driving sucks and i have to mash the rubber buttons to adjust the volume and it has become somewhat irritating when pulling riders. I have heard of this HSE that adjusts to the throttle so when you throttle up the music gets loud and then mutes when throttled down. I am asking to see if any of you have installed and if so do you like it and how many beer installation is it? I believe it goes between the headunit and your amps??

Steven

I have the same type of issue with my remote, you have to hold the button down a second or two, theres a delay in it naturaly, what i do is crank up the tunes to a good jam voluume at cruise speed, then hit the Mute button when we slow down, then hit mute again when we speed up.

It might be the ATT button we use also. Cant recal without looking at it. It turns the voluum down like 90%

I know its not a resolve to the problem but an idea that works.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Ive been thinking of installing a volume knob near the steering column. I have one by my radio that adjusts the volume of the tower speakers.

I have my tower speakers wired to one the accessory switches so when a boarder goes down I can simply flip off the tower speakers. But id really rather be able to cut them down instead of off.

I have an alpine head unit, didnt care for the kenwood that came in the boat. so i dont use my remote now anyway.

I have a remote for my alpine, but is an infrared remote, so you have to lean over to turn the volume on the head down.

I know that most new vehicles use this technology, but they are based on speed rather than throttle position.

I emailed these guys when the product was still in conception - technically, it sounded awesome (I've got some emails somewhere). If I recall, volume control was based on RPMs.

My only issue was price - they wanted $300 or so for the product. I'll continue to hit Mute or pause the iPod for that type of coin...

Here's a link with more info
    http://www.hsetrident.com/html/rvc_info.html

Quote Originally Posted by gcnettl View Post
    Ive been thinking of installing a volume knob near the steering column. I have one by my radio that adjusts the volume of the tower speakers.

I have my tower speakers wired to one the accessory switches so when a boarder goes down I can simply flip off the tower speakers. But id really rather be able to cut them down instead of off.

I have an alpine head unit, didnt care for the kenwood that came in the boat. so i dont use my remote now anyway.

I have a remote for my alpine, but is an infrared remote, so you have to lean over to turn the volume on the head down.

I know that most new vehicles use this technology, but they are based on speed rather than throttle position.
    I like this idea. what type of setup do you have for the Tower speakers? I have mine wired to there own amp already so i would think this could be done pretty easily, i like the idea of being able to control them a little better then wih the deck main voluum.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

All you need to do is install a PAC-LC1 Remote Level Controller inline between the HU & the amp on the output you want to control, looks just like your bass knobs. It can also be installed in dash for an even cleaner and stock look.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Nice Razzman, that is exactly what i decided on from the recommendation of the shop that installed my speakers. They are doing if for $75 with everything installed and it accomplishes what i need.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    All you need to do is install a PAC-LC1 Remote Level Controller inline between the HU & the amp on the output you want to control, looks just like your bass knobs. It can also be installed in dash for an even cleaner and stock look.
    Are you chitin me Razz? Its that simple as plugging it inline on the RCA input to my amp? Sweet man im going to order that next and get it installed asap.

Only downfall is fishing it back threw the ski locker, i think that tube is getting full now LOL. Do you know for sure there's enough cable supplies with it to get from the Port side to the drivers area?
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Are you chitin me Razz? Its that simple as plugging it inline on the RCA input to my amp? Sweet man im going to order that next and get it installed asap.

Only downfall is fishing it back threw the ski locker, i think that tube is getting full now LOL. Do you know for sure there's enough cable supplies with it to get from the Port side to the drivers area?
    Seriously it's that easy! It only has short pigtails attached. You'll need two sets of rca's to do it. Example if your doing your towers and their on the rear output the one set from the rear output to the PAC LC1. And another set from the PAC LC1 to the amp rca inputs. That's it. How long they are depends on where you put the knob. Did my last boat with two, one for cabins and one for towers and i could adjust anyway i wanted.

Oh yeah, tape the rcs connections up as they sometimes come loose and you'll pull your hair out finding the problam!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Have they effected your sound quality at all?