Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: my 08 LSV mods

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Looks really sweet Brain. Did you make a whole new ballast switch panel? If so where did you get that panel blank?

Are you not running a vent out of the center top plug on that nose bag?

I would highly recommend you put a vent hose there. This bag will get air in it the same as the others can do.
    Thanks! I reused the factory switch panel. I cut the 4th switch hole right overtop of the breaker hole. Then shifted the breaker hole farther to the right. I had to enlarge the fiberglass cutout behind the panel in order to make it all fit, but the panel still covers it all up nicely. I used some Krylon Fusion paint to make the panel all black since the factory graphic was now largely covered up.

I do have the vent line on the top port of the bow sac, just not in the picture.

Looks good Bro! I was wondering myself where you got the 4 outlet switch. Way go. I ended up tieing my front empty pump into my existing floor empty switch. I rarely use one without the other anyway.They take the same amount of time to empty so it wasn't a big deal.
    Very nice!

PWI as usual...

Default Spare tire mount

I should have done this sooner with a single axle...
    Painted bracket direct from Boatmate. Thank you Hydrofoiljunky for the good deal on the spare wheel!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 07-19-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Default OJ wakeboard prop

Thanks to moombadaze's generous offer to swap props, I now have an OJ 14.25x14 vc wakeboard prop. There is a huge improvement in hole shot and holding speed with the ballast full. It was a much needed upgrade after adding the additional ballast. With all the ballast full the stock prop struggled to even plane out, and now it seems effortless.

The trade-off is that top speed is now 36 @ 5k RPM. It's also a noisy prop that sings and growls at various RPMs/speeds. This prop won't be for everyone, but if you run heavy and don't mind the top speed loss and noise, it's a huge improvement in hole shot. Thanks again, moombadaze!

I don't get the large range of results from people using the 14.25x14 OJ prop. I top out at 45mph and it only growls on take off for a few seconds and that's it.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I don't get the large range of results from people using the 14.25x14 OJ prop. I top out at 45mph and it only growls on take off for a few seconds and that's it.
    How many RPMs are you running at 45 mph? I get the start up growl but also randomly at surf and wakeboard speeds it will growl at you too. It even has a nice little ring to it when idling through channels. But it pulls hard and that's what I care about most. Maybe there are different versions of this prop? Maybe they're just inconsistent?

I have no idea what the rpm's are at that speed as I hardly ever do it, twice to be exact. I can't imagine a cnc prop being inconsistent though.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    How many RPMs are you running at 45 mph? I get the start up growl but also randomly at surf and wakeboard speeds it will growl at you too. It even has a nice little ring to it when idling through channels. But it pulls hard and that's what I care about most. Maybe there are different versions of this prop? Maybe they're just inconsistent?
    Dan, everything your describeing is just the way that prop was when on my boat-the growl and strange ring to it, But yes it pulls weight with no problem--glad its what you can use as it was just overkill for me
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

FWIW, I have the same prop (14.25 x 14) from Acme and I don't get a growl from it. Top end is the same neighborhood though, about 36-38 @5k.

We had the same experience in our old Outback; 13x12 OJ had a growl on takeoff but the same prop from Acme didn't. The Acme props are thinner and probably not as tough as the OJ, so that may be the trade off.
    Last edited by TL7; 05-24-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: spelling
    Current: 2010 LSV
    Previous: 2007 Outback

Got the chance to put 15 hours on the boat over memorial weekend so I thought I'd update this thread with some additional info on a couple of these mods.

First off, the T1200s are FAST! System fill time (~2300 lbs) is right at 5 minutes. The bow and ski locker bags are full after 3 minutes and 2 minutes later the 750s in back are full. I'll be very happy with the fill setup once I figure out my leaking loop issue.

And what a difference a prop makes! It may be noisy but I love it already. 0-22 is effortless even when the boat is slammed. Just for kicks we piled 16 adults on the boat to see what kind of surf wave we could manage... oh and filled the 750 in back too. At rest the rub rail at the rear corner was even with the waterline. As you would expect, the wave was unreal. We don't surf much but I can see why people go so crazy with the ballast setups for surfing. Anyway, the boat had no problem at all with that weight thanks to the prop.

Finally, I can't say enough about how much the integrated bow sac adds. It really improves both wakeboarding and surf wakes. I've used it several times when I've got people sitting in the cabin area but none or kids only in the bow. Very worthwhile addition IMO, even if you manually fill/drain it.

Cliffs: Z5 is still my favorite addition to the boat, but the prop and bow sac are right up there.