Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: my 08 LSV mods

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Hey Brain_Rinse!
    Are those 3/4"? I'm looking at buying the 3 pack from the same ebay retailer and don't have my boat here handy to check? I'm sure they are? And do the lenghts vary?
    Thanks!
    All mods look good!
    Brian
    Yep, they are 3/4" and are the same length as the stock black ones. They are high quality pieces, I don't think you'll be dissappointed!

Default EQ install

I went with a Clarion EQS746 to allow additional stereo control from the drivers seat. Most important to me was controlling the tower speaker volume independent of the cabin speakers. But the sub control and aux input sure are nice too. I had to get a blank panel which was no small task to track down, but in the end it made for a clean install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 07-19-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Brain, where the resettable breakers, zip tied above the eq.? are they accessible?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

There is a panel up under the helm that has all of the breakers. I know on some models they have the breakers right by the switches, but mine was never that way... just a row of switches before.

Default Ballast system intakes

Well it took a lot longer to get to this point than I had planned. After cutting the 1" NPS threaded thru hulls to length, installing, and letting the adhesive cure, I found that the ball valve would not thread on to them correctly. What I thought I bought from wakemakers was a ball valve with NPS on the intake side and NPT on the output. But in reality they were NPT on both sides and the NPS/NPT valves were no longer available.

Wakemakers was great though and located some thru hulls with combination threads... NPS threaded with NPT on the end. They sent the new thru hulls free of charge, I just had to remove the old ones and do the process over again.

Visually nothing has changed from the pics I posted earlier. And here is a pic of one of the thru hulls with ball valve and tee installed. Next up is getting the pumps mounted once the adhesive sets up.
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 01-31-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Default Ballast fill pumps

Here are all 4 ballast fill pumps installed and wired up. Tsunami 1200s with 1" lines. I reused sprinkler valve wiring plus the fill pump wires so I didn't have to run any new wires back from the switches.

One mistake I made was using spa hose. It is very rigid and difficult to work with. I had to use the heat gun or boiling water to make every connection, and poly pipe cutters to cut it. But then the check valves I used to keep the rear bags from filling, and the vented loops I used for the ski locker and integrated bow sacs were too loose, and couldn't be clamped tight enough to keep them from leaking. So boiling water saved the day with some barb fittings that I was able to heat and stretch over the ends, with a little silicone just in case. Moral of the story, spa hose is not ballast hose.

Update: I finally replaced all the spa hose with actual ballast hose. The internal diameter was slightly smaller so the vented loops and check valves fit much better. I was able to remove all the extra adapters I had added to accommodate the spa hose. I used the factory style crimp connectors for a cleaner look. Wish I would have just done this from the beginning!

Last edited by brain_rinse; 01-31-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Default Water Strainer

Simple mod that took all of 5 minutes to install. Thanks to Razzman and his low-price find: link

Added 90 degree barb fittings to both sides of the strainer, 2 cuts of the intake hose, and a couple extra hose clamps. Done.
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 07-19-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Default Integrated bow sac

Here are a few pics of the integrated bow sac. This thing fits like a glove and will add a few hundred much needed pounds up front. One of the T1200's fills it from the top of one of the legs. 2 T800s to drain it, one at the bottom of each leg. I added a new thru hull to each side. The center/top port I used to vent and tied into one of the drain lines (not pictured.)

I also added a switch which just required modifying the factory panel and enlarging the fiberglass cutout behind it a bit. I'm still waiting on the switch face to match the other 3 and it will all be looking factory.

One other thing worth mentioning... The drain holes on the bottom of my cupholders were sharp! I cut them off and ground it smooth.

Last edited by brain_rinse; 04-27-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Default Batteries relocated

Got some longer battery cables and pushed my batteries as far back as possible. With that bow sac I need to make the best use of all available space!
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 07-19-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Looks really sweet Brain. Did you make a whole new ballast switch panel? If so where did you get that panel blank?

Are you not running a vent out of the center top plug on that nose bag?

I would highly recommend you put a vent hose there. This bag will get air in it the same as the others can do.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]