Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: my 08 LSV mods

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Bought 4 stainless thru hull fittings from eBay seller halfpricemarine. These are solid stainless, not the plastic with stainless cap. Total cost was only about $40 shipped.
    hey how hard was it to get to the hoses for this upgrade? what size are the hull fittings?
    looks so much better with stainless instead the ugly black ones i think it'd look sharp on my my red boat

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    hey how hard was it to get to the hoses for this upgrade? what size are the hull fittings?
    looks so much better with stainless instead the ugly black ones i think it'd look sharp on my my red boat
    You want to order 3/4 threw hull fittings.

To get to the 3 rear ones when you open your rear V storage doors, theres a carpeted backing attached to the what would be the rear seat. Remove the 2 screws and that panel comes off and tou can reach the back fittings.

There is a large bolt that holds the the hull fitting onto the boat. My new ones didnt come with O rings. I got 4 O rings at the local Ace hardware. Make sure they are pretty thick as this is going to be touching the gell coat and you dont want your stainless on your gell coat.

The front one is a bit harder to get to, craw under the drivers dash and you will see the hose connection to the threw hull fitting.

I did all 4 of mine in about 45 minutes.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7844&page=5
    Last edited by mmandley; 02-13-2010 at 07:34 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yep, mmandley said it well. I'd add that the front one can be interesting to get to. I wrapped a pair of needlenose pliers in duct tape and had a helper use that to keep the fitting in place from outside the boat while I tightened the nut on the inside.

Also I didn't add an o-ring to mine. I view them as permanent fixtures so am not concerned with the gel underneath.

Good luck, it's a great upgrade!

brain or mandley do you have any idea where else to get these ? i checked on ebay and for the solid ss the cheapest i seen is 19 a piece. mike u said your got all 4 for 40 so i'm gonna keep looking for a deal.

The seller is halfpricemarine. They sell in sets of 3, but I emailed and they added 1 to the invoice for just a few bucks more. Here's a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Set-3...r#ht_729wt_939

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    The seller is halfpricemarine. They sell in sets of 3, but I emailed and they added 1 to the invoice for just a few bucks more. Here's a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Set-3...r#ht_729wt_939
    If i recall thats who i got mine threw. Let me look again for sure.

Heres my invoice for it last year.

Hello Michael Mandley,

Payment Details

Purchased From:halfpricemarine
    Receipt ID:0824-4841-4079-3605

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal
    120425998497 Set (3) Stainless Boat Thru Hull Fittings 3/4" Fitting 1 $21.99 USD $21.99 USD

Shipping & Handling via USPS Priority Mail to 970XX
    (includes any seller handling fees) $7.95 USD
    Shipping Insurance (not offered): --
    Seller Discounts (-) or Charges (+):
    (seller discounts, services, etc.) $7.51 USD
    Total: $37.45 USD

The extra one is the last part where it says Seller Discount and services. Thats where he charges me a 4th one.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

hey thanks to the both of you for the help gonna send em an email and do the same!

Default Ballast pumps

Here's a sneak peak at my ballast project. This setup x2 will give me a dedicated pump for each fat sac. Using 1" fill lines all around with one-way valves for the rear sacs and 1" vented loops for the front sacs. The factory 3/4" fill hoses will be cut and used for venting each bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 01-31-2013 at 10:09 PM.

bet that was a pain to get that hose to stretch over the pump threads
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Mike - What size of o-rings did you use?
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.