Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: my 08 LSV mods

Thanks for the confirmation Jason! I have heard nothing but good things about wakemakers so was planning to get everything from them. Brain, any tips for getting the existing thru hull out? I was planning on eventually doing it but guess no time like the present... I did read through Cab's write up and i quote "beat the crap out of the old". I'd rather not break anything, so tips for an approach with more finesse would be appreciated. Sounds like possibly heat the sealant and a bar to work the valve back and forth to break one side free first.

Also, I was thinking about it and really I should be able to use check valves for the front too as long as they are mounted high up (i would likely mount them all behind the rear bench). Hydraulically I don't see why they would differ from the rear bags.

And yes, boat mods are keeping my mind busy over winter, but are also worrying my fiancee that I'm gonna sink a bunch of money on something that already works. I try to convince her that I need a bigger wake and fill it faster, but she doesn't understand yet...
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

I don't remember removing the old through hull being that challenging. I think heating the sealant is a good idea. Scoring the adhesive might help too if it's surrounding the fitting. Otherwise back and forth with a few good smacks should do the trick. Good idea starting with check valves since vented loops can be temperamental. For what it's worth I'd go with reversible pumps if I had it to do over again, so I wouldn't advise putting too much money into the aerators.

Can I ask why you would suggest reversible pumps? They cost way more than aerators with less flow rate IMO

The cost isn't that different once you add up all the extra pumps and parts needed for an aerator system. Reversibles are a cleaner and easier install, work all the time without priming and passive filling issues, and drain the bags completely flat every time. https://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moo...m-upgrade.html

Aerators are fast though and once I worked all the kinks out of my system I was pretty happy with it.

See I priced it all out for what i need for a 4 bag/4 pump aerator system, and including the cost of the IBS bag i get around $900. I agree the reversibles are cleaner and less finicky of a setup, but to get the same setup with reversibles including the IBS bag would be around $1600. That cost savings gets me the doomswell surf board that I want!

The qustion I have for you is once you got the aerator system through the trial and error/tinkering setup and have it dialed in, has it been pretty reliable since?

Default my 08 LSV mods

The aerators wouldn't always get the bags drained flat and I still had occasional priming issues. It filled lightning fast but drained painfully slow. After having reversibles now I won't go back.

What about 3 reversibles with the center and IBS piggybacked?

I may get an IBS and just manual fill it for now. I just got a 400 lb eight.3 with WM elevate portable pump so i can play around with weight this spring, but it sounds like an IBS is a must. I saw a photo where you overlaid a fly high and Sumo IBS, i'm assuming you tried them both in the 08 LSV. Which one seemed to maximized the weight? It looks like the fly high isn't wide enough in the legs to fill all of the rear part of the bow.

Default my 08 LSV mods

Sumo fits better and fills up more of the legs for sure.

ezcargonet is off line any idea the sizes of the nets? length/width

Quote Originally Posted by mikepo26 View Post
    ezcargonet is off line any idea the sizes of the nets? length/width
    I found similar nets on amazon for my 17 mojo. I had eznets on my 08 lsv and they were great, but like you said, they are no longer in business.

This is what I ordered from amazon:

Ideapro Car Rear Cargo Multipurpose Net with Mounting Screw, 35x12-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G4TQKU4..._VveaBbTC4FFQP
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro