Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: my 08 LSV mods

Check with Newty and MMandley but I think both of them sold off their blank panels they bought from me. Can't remember where the other 2 went.

Yikes. Yeah, that's too much money and effort for me right now. That said, it's by far the cleanest install I've seen. Much respect.

I already had my exile mounted just on the lower dash trim, so I kept it there and it'll have to do for now...

At least it's in a good spot for accessibility.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Brain,

What kind of check valves are you using on the fill lines? I read through all 19 pages and never saw. Looks like Cab did a similar ballast mod and used metal swing check valves. I was looking at keeping the aerator system but getting rid of the sprinkler valves and using the composite check valves from wakemakers (https://www.wakemakers.com/marine-check-valve.html).
    2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

Default my 08 LSV mods

I used whatever wakemakers offered at the time. They've gone through a few different versions trying to find the best so I'd trust the ones you linked. You will need to keep the lines high to keep them from passively filling. Good luck!

Yeah I was planning to mount them as high as possible to reduce the positive pressure they would see. While sitting still and at cruising speed they shouldn't see any positive water pressure so long as they are above the water line (although the scupper thru hull may force water in and force me to put in a 1" thru hull). On your check valve system, did you have a scupper thru hull fitting and it worked or did you replace the original fitting with a mushroom?

Also, did the vented loops for your front sacks work? I know in Cab's write up, he ended up going with an irritrol 700.

Thanks for the help!

Default my 08 LSV mods

I replaced the scupper with a mushroom. The front vented loops worked out fine once I got them high enough.

Last question (for now...) Where did you mount the vented loops for the front ballast? I was thinking in the engine bay on the back side of the rear bench seat.

If you can't tell, I'm itching for the lakes to melt so I can get out on the water, as I'm sure all of us on here are!

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Last question (for now...) Where did you mount the vented loops for the front ballast? I was thinking in the engine bay on the back side of the rear bench seat.

If you can't tell, I'm itching for the lakes to melt so I can get out on the water, as I'm sure all of us on here are!
    That is exactly where I put the loop for the ski locker bag. The vented loop for the bow sac was under the helm.

Boat mods help me survive the winter so I definitely know how you are feeling. If you need help spending your boat fund let me know how I can help!

The check valves we currently offer are the same ones we've had for a few years now. They are our own design and material selection to have the correct properties and work very well. Best of all, they are installation attitude agnostic, meaning you can install them where ever you want, unlike a brass swing type check valve which has to be held in a specific orientation.

You MUST either cut off the scupper or switch it out for a mushroom style fitting. If you don't do that, using an electronic valve (like the Irritrol series) is the only solution to prevent passive filling when the boat is moving through the water.

Default my 08 LSV mods

Thanks Jason! See I told you to trust the wakemakers guys. My check valves were from 2010 so these are no doubt better.