Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Simple Decal Change.... Big Improvement

Hi All,

I was finally able to have changed the one exterior aesthetic feature that was bothering me from the beginning..... the black stripe under the Moomba logo.

Because of my colour (Canadian spelling) combination choices, the black stripe was hidden within the black gelcoat. IMO it looked unfinished in that area where the red transitions to the black compared to the rest of the boat.

It took my detailing friends hours to get the new white stripe perfect for me as they were unable to use the original black stripe as a template as it was not completely straight itself.

I am very pleased with the outcome of this simple alteration.

IMG_2488.jpgIMG_3092.jpgIMG_3093.jpgIMG_3094.jpgIMG_3095.jpg
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen > Finally on my lift!
    2017 Moomba Mondo > Traded
    2000 Moomba Kamberra > Traded

Wow that looks so much better! Good work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Look great, small details really make the difference!! I have the same graphics package but the original black slash pops against my yellow.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Look great, small details really make the difference!! I have the same graphics package but the original black slash pops against my yellow.
    The stripe really completes the graphic package if you have any colour other than the black gelcoat on the hull.

I did ask SC if they could change the stripe from black to white at the factory, but they said they purchase multiple graphic packages at a time and could not do a custom one.... understandable.

Pizazz added. Shazam!!!!!!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have the same issue but being black and silver not sure white on mine would look as good as yours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great idea! I have the same spray pattern on my 2018 Craz, but with a white hull. I have had numerous people look at the black decal and rub their hand over it because they think it is a scratch. I was going to just simply remove it, but I was too afraid the gel coat would show were the decal was after it was removed. They should at least offer it in matt black so it accents the gloss black. Either way, it is still a sweet spray pattern. Nice boat!

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Is there a way to repair 2 very small scratches in my decal on a 2018 Craz with the same design as yours? They are each about 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch wide in the black portion of the decal. My dock rub rail had a rough spot in it before I discovered it. Did not go into gelcoat.
    ADM

2018 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Surf Wagon View Post
    I have the same issue but being black and silver not sure white on mine would look as good as yours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Hi Surf Wagon,

If you are interested, now that my graphics guys have the pattern, they will cut and ship any colour if you are interested?

The stripe they made for me, but is a little thicker in areas.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Great idea! I have the same spray pattern on my 2018 Craz, but with a white hull. I have had numerous people look at the black decal and rub their hand over it because they think it is a scratch. I was going to just simply remove it, but I was too afraid the gel coat would show were the decal was after it was removed. They should at least offer it in matt black so it accents the gloss black. Either way, it is still a sweet spray pattern. Nice boat!
    Much appreciated. Great choices as well!

With the white bottom on yours it does not as look as out of place as mine did with the black bottom.