Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: my 08 LSV mods

Default Re: my 08 LSV mods

Sounds like someone's engine is running way rich..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Well crap, it's done that since it was new. I will get Atlanta Marine to take a look. Thanks
    2015 Supra SE 550

I've been able to get some time with the FAE and it's definitely a huge improvement. Zero changes to the wake and I'm happy about the reduced fumes, and just wish I had a way to measure the improvement.

The new y-pipe design is awesome and looks OEM, which it probably should be as an option. Overall it's just a high quality upgrade. I'm glad to see so many people get in the group buy and am guessing there will be a lot of happy customers on here.

I notice a major decrease in sound at start-up and idle, to the point where I can't always tell if it's running or not. Surf speeds are much quieter too and hearing the water on the sides of the hull is just as cool as people have described. Wakeboard speeds are definitely quieter than before but it's not like you're in an electric boat, and when you hammer the throttle there is still plenty of engine roar like you would expect.

It will make winterizing super easy this year too. I'll just put a pail full of antifreeze under the FAE and run a hose from the bucket to the vdrive fake-a-lake and let it run.

Default my 08 LSV mods

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    It will make winterizing super easy this year too. I'll just put a pail full of antifreeze under the FAE and run a hose from the bucket to the vdrive fake-a-lake and let it run.
    Good thought, another great benefit that I didn't even realize!!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default my 08 LSV mods

I've been able to get some time with the FAE and it's definitely a huge improvement. Zero changes to the wake and I'm happy about the reduced fumes, and just wish I had a way to measure the improvement.

The new y-pipe design is awesome and looks OEM, which it probably should be as an option. Overall it's just a high quality upgrade. I'm glad to see so many people get in the group buy and am guessing there will be a lot of happy customers on here.

I notice a major decrease in sound at start-up and idle, to the point where I can't always tell if it's running or not. Surf speeds are much quieter too and hearing the water on the sides of the hull is just as cool as people have described. Wakeboard speeds are definitely quieter than before but it's not like you're in an electric boat, and when you hammer the throttle there is still plenty of engine roar like you would expect.

My wife said today when we were on the way to the dealer "I know you'll say I told you so, but I want our next boat to have a FAE". Then she started talking about saving money now for all of the adds we'll want to make right from the start (FAE, Exile, Ballast, and Samson mirror)... And we aren't upgrading until the 2017 model year
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Would the raw water pump have enough draw to pull from a bucket?
    2007 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Beejwest View Post
    Would the raw water pump have enough draw to pull from a bucket?
    Yes, that is how I do it every year now, just without the FAE to collect the antifreeze. A hose directly connected forces water through the system (at least with my water pressure and connected to the vdrive) and so the boat doesn't ever get up to temp. Using a bucket with a hose to fill you'll see the system not pull any water for awhile, then pull water in like crazy.

Default my 08 LSV mods

Never have used the head unit so I removed it and put this slightly tacky storage container in its place.

The Clarion EQ has been excellent, but I really wanted a mic. WetSounds 420sq:
    Thanks! The EQ install took some time because I had to buy a blank switch plate (just finding the manufacturer and convincing them to sell me a blank version took some time.) Then recutting all the switch holes and spot for EQ with a dremel.
    How much was the blank switch plate? Do you think they'd sell another?

Heck, if you could convince them to copy your template, they could EASILY sell them pre-cut for either the 420 or ZLD and make some money.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    How much was the blank switch plate? Do you think they'd sell another?

Heck, if you could convince them to copy your template, they could EASILY sell them pre-cut for either the 420 or ZLD and make some money.
    I had to buy 5 plates from them to make it worth their while. Since it's a large manufacturing shop that doesn't sell direct to consumers it took some convincing for them to adjust their line to not cut the holes and then only do a run of 5. I had to create a purchase order and jump through a few other hoops as well. I think in total it was around $300 but not sure. I would recommend just using fiberglass to cover all the existing holes and then wrap both this panel and the ignition panel in the same vinyl to either match stock or go carbon fiber.