Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: my 08 LSV mods

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Dan,

Weren't you looking to sell your boat towards the end of last season? Did you decide to keep it after all?

Al
    Yep, I had it "sold" more than once but fortunately no one ever made it to that critical "show up with cash in hand" phase.

The company I was working for at the time announced it would be closing my division so there was the unemployment potential coupled with winter fast approaching. So I figured if I'd sell it and buy something new in the spring when my job situation had stabilized. But I was fortunate enough to find a new job right away and decided I'd be better off keeping the boat I already had put so much time into setting up the way I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Yep, I had it "sold" more than once but fortunately no one ever made it to that critical "show up with cash in hand" phase.

The company I was working for at the time announced it would be closing my division so there was the unemployment potential coupled with winter fast approaching. So I figured if I'd sell it and buy something new in the spring when my job situation had stabilized. But I was fortunate enough to find a new job right away and decided I'd be better off keeping the boat I already had put so much time into setting up the way I wanted.
    Great to hear it! Yeah, you've spent a lot of time dialing in your boat so good to know that you were able to keep it.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Glad you found a decent job more than anything. Would have missed you as a Moomba owner but you would have reappeared as a Supra guy, I know.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks, guys! Kane, I do like the 21v quite a bit but something makes me think I'd still end up with an LSV.

I'm expecting to see some new mods here. Any progress?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I'm expecting to see some new mods here. Any progress?
    Yeah, I'm just slow. I've been working on all the little things first: tower feet pads, replacing the spa hose, etc. and saving the fun projects for last. Hoping to have the amp rack done tonight so I'll get some pics up of that.

4 screws and the factory amp board comes right out. I sacrificed a cutting board to make mounting strips, then screwed the amps down. The Class D amps keep the heat down and have a much smaller footprint so I could mount all 3 in the factory location behind the batteries.

Alpine PDX 4.100 (tower speakers)
    Alpine MRP F300 (cabin speakers)
    Alpine M1000 (sub)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brain_rinse; 07-19-2012 at 09:51 AM.

That PDX line are nice little amps. Was considering those but ultimately went with the JL Audio MHD line of Class D amps. Small package - Big CLEAN Power.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Well now that I've got 3 amps it made sense to upgrade the rest of the system. First up, 2 sets of Exile SXT65s. I went with the fixed mounts and pushed them out to the edges of the tower to make it easier to get at the center spot on the Z5. Since I'll never remove the speakers I removed the handles from the neoprene covers.

Last edited by brain_rinse; 05-11-2011 at 10:55 PM.

The Exile sub enclosure got busted up in shipping, but I was able to use some epoxy and fix it up. At some point I expect to have to fiberglass the whole thing to really fix it properly, but it will work fine for this season. Exile XI12D sub. The sound is great, very flat/linear. I'm used to small sealed enclosures so the sound is much different but I like it. Overall a huge upgrade over the 10" sub I ran last year.