Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Tower Rack for Waterskis ?

I'm running a 07 Outback DD with the factory tower and i was told ,and i tryed it to no avail that if you moved your racks from the upper/middle tower supports and moved them down to the lower supports,you could in fact fit a ski into the rack.
    Skis with just a rear toe plate would work in this situation but not skis with double boots. Has anyone come up with a solution or a reasonable substitution for this?

Wink

Mikey - Take a look at these pictures. I have your boat ('07 Outback). The racks are mounted to the bottom cross bar on the tower. My Connelly F1X double boot fits perfect. So too do the Connelly pair skis and EP jumpers. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deerfield; 06-16-2009 at 11:55 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Smile

Yah i tryed that. Maybe its the size of my skis as well. Both are 69'' with double boots. Won't fit.Haven't tryed my other stuff as they are stowed anyways. Just trying to free up some room ,when skiing with everybody's skis and gear lieing around in boat. We usually float/ski so have to load up and go with all the gear. Wakeboarrds go in racks but would be nice to do the same with skis as well.

Question

Deerfield . Question ?How are you putting the doubleboot ski in the rack? Maybe i'm just going about it wrong. Could you post a pick of the doubleboot ski in.

Mikey - Sure. I will be at the lake this weekend and take a picture of the F1X double boot in the rack. I should haver it posted by Sunday evening. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

www.lipboating.com has one. Ian ashton has photos of it installed.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/lipboating__W0QQ_armrsZ1
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

The monster tower slalom rack has worked well for me. I have a 66" ski set up with the double boots almost touching and the boots just fit the rack.
    2006 Outback V

Here is where I want to say again, if you can afford it get the Z-cargo bimini!!! Right now the boat is in the lift with a pair of skis sitting on the top!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Here is where I want to say again, if you can afford it get the Z-cargo bimini!!! Right now the boat is in the lift with a pair of skis sitting on the top!
    i think he has an outback, and the Z5 does not fit the outback, but maybe they are making it.

we have a monster rack to hold skis. holds my 69 and kids 65, both with dbl boots.

Here is the lip boating rack. It holds the 65" EP, and a friend had a 66' Connolly double boot that fit, it was a tight fit though.

This is the only picture I could find on this computer, I'll get some close-ups tomorrow. This is a pair of combos;
    2013 Outback V