Question Arkansas riders, anyone been to De Gray Lake?

I've always been on lake hamilton, which is getting old now that I've got a real boat (not barge) to ride behind and work on my riding. I remember my dealer making a joke about how rough hamilton was from all the traffic, man i've noticed this year for sure so far, guess i just never noticed before since all we did last two seasons was cruise, tube, cove parties, and the occasional wakeboard run on my buddy's ski boat.

Last few weekends, we got a good amount of boarding and a little surfing in, but even at 8am/7pm there's idiots all over hamilton zig zagging across our wake on jetskis, following us in our wake while we're pulling riders, it's just kinda ridiculous and is starting to get on my nerves. Can't get a cove to ourselves on hamilton and the main channel is a joke unless you and the boat want to get airborne from all the cross-traffic chop.

So I'm asking the arky boys, where do i go? Only other lake i've ever been on in AR is greers, but I store my boat just south of lake hamilton, so i'm thinking a quick zip down hwy 7 to lake degray may be my best bet for some calmer waters. I know degray prob gets just as busy on most nice days too, but looks like it's a WAY bigger lake with more long coves and pockets. So anyone here who rides at degray? where's the best spot to launch? something with parking RIGHT THERE by the ramp and off of hwy 7. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

LakeDegray, Arlie Moore Landing. Go to the camping area launch. Looking at the lake from the launch ramp go to the right. It is a big cove and pockets off of it, it is where the AR INT hold events. There is a map on Diamond Lake's Blog.

Big enough lake not to worry about nice day crowds.

It has been many years since I have been on the main body of Lake Ouachita (Mtn Harbor, Brady Mtn) put in few times at North Shores Landing. great area around the lauch ramp.
    Last edited by mcdye; 06-16-2009 at 09:39 PM.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    LakeDegray, Arlie Moore Landing. Go to the camping area launch. Looking at the lake from the launch ramp go to the right. It is a big cove and pockets off of it, it is where the AR INT hold events. There is a map on Diamond Lake's Blog.

Big enough lake not to worry about nice day crowds.

It has been many years since I have been on the main body of Lake Ouachita (Mtn Harbor, Brady Mtn) put in few times at North Shores Landing. great area around the lauch ramp.
    I've heard of arlie moore landing, where's that at exactly? Looked at DLWS's site, where is the map at? I didn't see it on the sidebar.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

found it, thx man, looks like a good spot to launch & ride. Is there a parking lot right by the ramp hopefully?
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

actually 2. there are 2 ramps at Arlie Moore one for the day use area and one for camp area. Day use u turn left at the camping reservation building. We always just use the Camping ramp/parking.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Went to DeGray today, man I'm sold. At high noon the water looked like GLASS. Water was warm as bath water. Met some great people too, met some INT Leauge coordinators/riders, a pro wakeboarder, saw my local skier's choice dealer and his team of riders out there, was really cool. Funny, it's just another weekend on DeGray for them. We did some surfing early and did way too much tubing in the afternoon. At the end of the day I made the first wakeboard run of the year and stayed up for only about 20 seconds and tossed it. After that I was so worn out I couldn't get my arse back up on top of the board. Gave it a good 5 attempts and called it a day, kept plowing it. Got a lot of practicing to do this summer And I think I've found the perfect place to do it.

SEARK, man you gotta come check this lake out when you get a chance, NOTHING but supras and moombas everywhere, SC heaven I swear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lancesaville; 06-21-2009 at 02:35 AM.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    Went to DeGray today, man I'm sold. At high noon the water looked like GLASS. Water was warm as bath water. Met some great people too, met some INT Leauge coordinators/riders, a pro wakeboarder, saw my local skier's choice dealer and his team of riders out there, was really cool. Funny, it's just another weekend on DeGray for them. We did some surfing early and did way too much tubing in the afternoon. At the end of the day I made the first wakeboard run of the year and stayed up for only about 20 seconds and tossed it. After that I was so worn out I couldn't get my arse back up on top of the board. Gave it a good 5 attempts and called it a day, kept plowing it. Got a lot of practicing to do this summer And I think I've found the perfect place to do it.

SEARK, man you gotta come check this lake out when you get a chance, NOTHING but supras and moombas everywhere, SC heaven I swear.
    I've been there a few times. Never used the Arlie Moore landing though. It's a great lake to ride on. We stayed at Iron Mountain a couple times a few years ago, before I had the Moomba. We always found a good cove to ride and ski in. Took the Moomba up there last year after a trip to Diamond Lakes for some quick service. Put in at the state park. I found Arlie Moore last month when we were in Hot Springs. Going to use that landing next time up there. With the game & fish dropping my lake this summer I'll probably get a trip or two up there.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    , NOTHING but supras and moombas everywhere, SC heaven I swear.
    I thought you would like when comparring LHam. Everytime I have been on LH it seem like an ocean.

We will be down there SOON, look for the 'Green Machine' and say hello. Some family illness keeping us home for now.

Seark, IMoun and that area around the dike have always been rough imo, I guess from the wind and naturally other boaters.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Seark, IMoun and that area around the dike have always been rough imo, I guess from the wind and naturally other boaters.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time we were there it was during the week so wasn't too bad.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red