Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What a wild weekend for us. Started with our first ER visit for our three and half year old. All turned out ok, he dislocated a toe when he slipped on the dock.

Sunday when we are packing up to leave the cabin and head into town a bad thunderstorm developed right over the lake. Lightning all over the place. As I closed the back door blinds I see smoke on the other side of the lake. Next thing we know a few crowns of the trees are torching up.

We reported the fire and about 10 minutes later I was asked to transport firefighters and gear across the lake as there is no road access.

Before I launched to go pick up the crew, my neighbor, a pastor came down and offered a prayer as lightning was shooting across the sky. With the giant lightning rod (tower) and the antenna (new Endless Surf rack) on top of the boat we needed all the help we could get.

In the end the crews put the fire out in a few hours. My wife took a few pictures, but the're from quite a distance and don't do the scene justice(I'll post what I can). Needless to say a few "wobbly pops" were in order.
    Last edited by KurtL; 06-16-2009 at 12:59 AM.

Kurt
    Great story. By any chance, is your boat red? Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope she recovers fast and soon. Being a good Samaritan in a situation bring good JUJU to you and your family. Past pictures when you have a chance. I agree with Ed. Send your story and pictures to Natalie Carrera . I am sure she would love to hear all about it.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Great story Kurt.
    Fortunate that it happened when someone was there to see it start. Amazing how quickly the firefighters can get these fires under control if they on them early.
    You might have to add a red flashing light to your tower.

Did the Pastor join you for the wobbly pops?

WOW! Great story. I think I better join you for one right now.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Wow !! Life is an adventure , you never know what it will bring next. 2 summers ago when we came up we seem to have brought the forest fires with us up the valley. They started at Ronan and went north.I am sure you remember it well . I hope this summer is better than that one was. Congrats on the quick reacting with the fire , anytime the firefighters can get a quick start is the better.
    Jim.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    WOW! Great story. I think I better join you for one right now.
    ditto for me!

AWESOME job Kurt!

Well, you know what time it is in Ireland after all.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Nice work. It's always good karma to do good deeds! Just this weekend we went to grab a piece of driftwood that we almost hit. Turned out to be a 25ft long tree that had gotten itself out in the lake. That took some work to move but I didn't want anyone to hit it.
    Last edited by tlatoani; 06-16-2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: I need to shorten my sig :P
    05 XLV
    6 Polk Momo 6.5s/Kicker 850.4 for 4 rears,Kenwood stock amp for front 2 speakers, NVS Deviant tower speakers/Kicker 850.4, Kicker 12L7/Kicker 1000.1, Soundstream powerplant distribution (awesome unit), Wetsounds WS-420/Sirius Stiletto 2 in dock, Kenwood, KDC-MP435U/KnuKonceptz wiring, Pair of Optima Bluetops with stinger relay

Wish everyone had that mentality. I try to fill my garbage bag on the way in at the end of the day. There's always cans and water bottles floating in the river. I hope they are just blowing out and not being tossed out by the people who are trying to enjoy the water.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Guys,

I'm working on the pictures. I called out to one of the neighbors who may have better photos. He said he would e-mail some in a few days. So I'm trying to create an album of our poor photos, but it (the program would only upload one). Any suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 LS