Threaded View

What a wild weekend for us. Started with our first ER visit for our three and half year old. All turned out ok, he dislocated a toe when he slipped on the dock.

Sunday when we are packing up to leave the cabin and head into town a bad thunderstorm developed right over the lake. Lightning all over the place. As I closed the back door blinds I see smoke on the other side of the lake. Next thing we know a few crowns of the trees are torching up.

We reported the fire and about 10 minutes later I was asked to transport firefighters and gear across the lake as there is no road access.

Before I launched to go pick up the crew, my neighbor, a pastor came down and offered a prayer as lightning was shooting across the sky. With the giant lightning rod (tower) and the antenna (new Endless Surf rack) on top of the boat we needed all the help we could get.

In the end the crews put the fire out in a few hours. My wife took a few pictures, but the're from quite a distance and don't do the scene justice(I'll post what I can). Needless to say a few "wobbly pops" were in order.
    Last edited by KurtL; 06-16-2009 at 12:59 AM.