Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes ethanol was definitely the root of the water in the gas. Too much water was referring to the chance that water spashed up to the air filter and got moisture in that way. As far as boat not being run often, that is definitely not the case. I have put over 80 hours on the boat since begging of the summer, including the month of july when it did not get used due to traveling and damn ppl getting married in the summer time.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

I've been avoiding the ethanol, but maybe I messed up on a tank. I'm going to start with the fuel filter and a fuel additive to get rid of any water. Thanks for the insight!

A new fuel filter and a couple of bottles of iso heat stopped my fuel pump whine and chugging above 3000 rpm. Thanks for the insight!

The main problem with ethanol and fuel injected boats is that ethanol is more volatile than gasoline, on on boats there is not a lot of air circulation directly around the engine, and the fuel rail collects heat and gets hot, and the ethanol in the gas evaporates, and is not pushed through the injectors, thereby creating vapor in the fuel rail. This can be observed by when it happens you can depress the shrader valve and get a gas instead of a liquid. Ethanol has little to do with extra condensation in gas.

I thought I read where the ethanol picks up water???