Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Absolutely - do not use your fuel gage as a fuel gage. They are pretty worthless. My general guidline for gas is 6 gallons per hour when not loaded for wakeboarding. This is actually an old number I used with the outboard, but from what I can tell with the 5.7L carb in my 99 Mobius it seems close. There are so many variables I don't think you can really measure it very accurately.

My real method for monitoring gas consumption in the boat is keeping track of how many gallons I buy over a week/month. When I buy boat gas I always use a credit card and only buy boat gas during the transaction.

In reality - I never worry about it. I have an OJ 4 blade stock prop and an Acme 3 blade that my prop guy and mechanic said I would really notice the difference with - I didn't, but nice to have a spare ...

Have fun - and don't sweat the petty stuff...
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I know that if we put in and run up river (about 6 miles or so) and then run back with lots of boarding, surfing, tubing, etc. on the way up and back I'll use about 13-14 gal. I have a 25 gal tank so I just top off every time before we head out and then I never think about it again.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info..........

Check out my new Thread in "Service"......My engine quit on me today and did not want to start. I wonder if this is part of my fuel consumption questions / problem?