Thread: New Cover

Default New Cover

I love my new custom cover. It is a waterline cover that protects the boat from sun/ fading over time. My factory cover started to leak this year, only 3 years old, which sucks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats a sharp looking cover. I like the way it covers the boat down the sides too. Is that a heavy nylon? I saw your other post recently with this pic and i was disappointed the pic was so small. Glad this one blows up a lot more.

Its just a storage cover right? Not designed to tow with it?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

It is a sunberlla cover. My two cents and some others is should not tow with any cover long distance or at a fast speed. Maybe a snap cover you could tow without stretching it out and shorting it's life.

I agree with you on the towing with certain and a lot of covers. My cover is designed to be a towed cover, its very thick and very heavy, even off the boat it weighs in close to 30 or 40 pounds. The nylon is thick and is double reinforced at all the seams and the over the windshield and ski pylon.

I do like the look of the cover coming down the sides is why i asked.

I don't tow long distance with my cover yet only short distances when the weather is bad.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

That is awesome; who made it? I notice you are in Ferndale; what lake are you on? I live in Royal Oak, but keep my boat on Cass.

I have the snap on covers, but I'd also like to get a cover like this, because my snap covers and boat get trashed in the spring from crap falling off the trees in the marina.
    2013 Outback V

Default cover

I got the cover up in flint. Check out his web page www.skiboatcover.com. Mike is great to deal with. He had this custom cover done in 3 days. It is a waterline cover for on a lift, he makes all kinds of covers. Mine cost me $875. It should last 7-10 years, which is worth it. We keep the boat up north on Lake George ( just north of Clare). We do live in Ferndale. If there is any time you want to go skiing ( that is if you ski/ wakeboard) need 3 people I would love to go. I have a extra ski at home. 248-259-8862

P.S what happen to the moomba get together?

I got busy with work and didn't have any time to make the arrangements. I think we might have to scale it back to a set date where we all just meep up, as I will be out for most of the month of July, and don't have much time to plan
    2013 Outback V