Thread: amp install?

Default amp install?

hey guys, new to the forum. how ya'll doin? i got a prob if any could help. i just bought my first boat, '02 mobius lsv, the OG. owner ghetto rigged the stereo so i wanted to fix it. i put in a 2nd batt. wit a perko switch. ran the pos. from both batt. to the 1 and 2 bolt. the common to the starter. batt. 1 is for motor and starter, batt 2 is for the new amp and speakers. i have a inline fuse just out of the switch on the common to starter. when switch is in 2 location stereo works great. when i put in 1 or 1/2 location and turn the ignition it pops the fuse. i am a rookie when it comes to audio so i'd appreciate any suggestions. thanks

Dusty welcome to the forums and congratz on your new boat.

Do a search for Perko

Do a search for Stereo

Theres a bunch of recent threads on these topics to help ya out.

If they doesnt help ya try to get some pics of the batteries and how there wired and a detailed description of where each cable is going from your batteries.

Also double check + - connections to make sure nothing is crossed or shorted for the fuse problem.

Let us know what ya come up with.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

What size fuse do you have common to the starter?

The starter really pulls a lot of amps, as your battery is somewhere around a 700 cranking amp battery. It would take a BIG fuse to be inline with the line going to the starter.