Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do the lifts you are using sit on the bottom of the lake? Anyone have one that attaches to the dock or inside a boat house? Can you tell me how it works?

We use a ShoreMaster floating boat lift that attaches to our floating dock. It works well for our situation because our water level changes so much. I have seen them on stationary docks also.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Dang, Paul, that's looking real good. I love the canopy look.

Thanks, it only took 6 years to afford the canopy. Too bad they don't make the tower canopy in my wideth lift. The boat is on with the tower up in that photo and everything clears the water by 5". When I lower the tower, the boat goes up another 10" or so and is under the canopy nicely.

My lift sits on the bottom and has adjustable legs for different depths of water.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

everyone around here likes hydro hoist. Currently, they're a bit over 5 for the 4400 pounder and I was quoted just a bit under 7 for the 6600 pounder. I was able to get a used econolift for the best possible price, but if I was ordering new I would go hydro hoist without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by brenpire View Post
    Do the lifts you are using sit on the bottom of the lake? Anyone have one that attaches to the dock or inside a boat house? Can you tell me how it works?
    check out my profile and lunmar.com. my boathouse lift has an electric motor that drives a flywheel to a worm gear to another gear that is attached to a 2" diameter, 20 ft long pipe. you then have cables running from a cradle the boat sits on through pulleys that are attached to the boathouse and that wraps around the pipe when you run the motor to lift the boat.

Let me know if you want to see detailed pics.

Check out zegm's tread too from last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    check out my profile and lunmar.com. my boathouse lift has an electric motor that drives a flywheel to a worm gear to another gear that is attached to a 2" diameter, 20 ft long pipe. you then have cables running from a cradle the boat sits on through pulleys that are attached to the boathouse and that wraps around the pipe when you run the motor to lift the boat.

Let me know if you want to see detailed pics.

Check out zegm's tread too from last summer.
    that looks like a nice way, but our condo's POA rules say no roofing can be over any of the slips, not even canopies, so I just have a slip. I'm going to do a shoremaster vertical tho, have decided that. A local dealer made me a good price on a slightly used one. thx for all the advice guys.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    Do any of you guys use a boat lift? I'm thinking of getting one and don't really know of any good brands or models. The slip I use is 14x24 with about 5-6 feet of water under it. I'm wanting to stay under $5k for sure, and don't mind if it's manual, just something that won't rip off my tracking fins/prop/rudder and will keep the boat out of the water during the work week while summer is here. Inflatable docks would be cool too if anyone has had good experiences with em. Anyone have any good ideas or know of any good brands/models? Thanks in advance guys.
    FLOE --- 5000 lb. I've owned Hewitt, Shorestation -- neither compare to the quality, fit and finish of the Floe (my Hewitt lifts for the PWC's were about $200 less each but still costly and they have been nothing but trouble). I have yet to find a Floe dealer i like and have been unimpressed with their company in terms of support (i spent $40k on 100 ft of dock, steps, two powered lifts yet cannot get anyone to give me a simple price list for some of the add-ons like a ench -- hence the Hewitt purchase) ... BE HAPPY, BUy a Floe.