Default Ouch, A new nibral prop

I hit a sand bar with the prop only on my 2000 Outback. There were only small bends in it but it was enough to make the boat run rough. I had it replaced and when I got my bill it was $645 Canadian (about $400 US). Only $90 ($55 US) was labour. Doesn't that seem like too much?
    Spend the money before the kids get a hold of it!

We to have damaged out prop on 2000 Moomba Outback/LS. We had a local shop "Precision Prop" repair at a cost of $90.00. Unless she was total mangled I would think a repair would not be out of the question. Based on your dollars it sounds like you replaced. See if you can repair the other and you will always have a spare.

Default prop

hi i live in ont as well. I was wondering what dealer it was you took it too?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Default prop

hi i live in ont as well. I was wondering what dealer it was you took it too?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

That is about right on the price, If you got it replaced. I would take the damaged one and see if it can be repaired and then you'll always have a spare. If you would like you can get a prop puller from OJ or Cutter and you can change it on the spot. Jay Warren Marketing Manager Skier's Choice

That is about right on the price, If you got it replaced. I would take the damaged one and see if it can be repaired and then you'll always have a spare. If you would like you can get a prop puller from OJ or Cutter and you can change it on the spot. Jay Warren Marketing Manager Skier's Choice

My wife and I have owned a 1975 MasterCraft for over 23 years, I cannot tell you how many stumps we have hit here in the shallow waters of Florida. The prop has been bent, chipped and mangled in every fashion. I have NEVER bought a new prop. The most I have ever paid to have it repaired was 90 dollars. The props are made from a soft material (brass, etc.) and they easily repairable. I can only see buying a new one if you actually lost a blade.

Of Course we will try to be a more careful when we purchase our New 2008 Outback V in the spring of 08. I didn't want to offend anyone with the MasterCraft name here. But to spend more money on a ski boat than what my 25 ft long Proline with twin 150 evinrudes cost is beyond me, sorry MasterCraft. Great boat to last 32 years but I need more room and the kids want to do this wakeboard stuff so we need a V drive and I want value. I think Moomba is a Great Boat. I really thought this after visiting Atlanta Marine and getting to test drive one for over an hour! But still I have damaged both of my stainless steel props on my fishing boat, cost 90 dollars to repair both!