Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Ed,

That is a great idea!

Thanks!
    Thank you Ed. This is the right place. Hope to have more pics of more people from the Sinclair Jam II!

Tentative plans are for the weekend AFTER July 4th again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Tentative plans are for the weekend AFTER July 4th again next year.

I like your thinking

Last night Laurie was asking me if there was anyway we could afford a place up there. Did I mention how much we enjoyed it up there.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    6.) Kaneboats looking at the picture is appears that maybe your oldest did get up on the slalom ski?
    Well, if by "up" you mean butt out of water and standing then yes she did! Now to say she "rode" the ski might be a bit of an exaggeration. Even on a bull you have to go for 8 sec.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Pat,

Ginny and I are really proud of her! Most kids who wakeboard don't have a desire to ski, especially when they discover how difficult it is to get up on a slalom! The fact that she tried this again with you and did get up is Great even if it was for a short run! I don't know if you are aware of this but after we worked with her Ginny got on her slalom and I am sure she was impressed and wanted to try it again.
    Please tell her we are proud of her and it will be even easier next time!!!
    Last edited by zegm; 07-15-2009 at 10:41 PM.

I'll do that. Thanks for the kind words and support as well as the time with her and the boys. She started out with pairs skis several years ago. She did not do very well and fell a lot. I let her try the wakeboard after she asked me (I didn't ever wakeboard at the time). She got up immediately and loved it and vowed she would never ski again. I have talked to her for several years about participating in all kinds of watersports. But it wasn't till this trip that she wanted to give it a go again. I wonder if her Godmother (my cousin Kate) has something to do with her desire to ski?

This is Kate on a ski:

And this is Kate behind the wheel (just for you Mike):
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I am sure she did!
    That MC is about a early to mid 80's Stars and Stripes!!!!
    It has the same hull as our 75 model but with the new square windsheild, ours had the round one. Before I had our MC painted it had the same scheme only the stripe was the rare green. Ginny got so mad at me that we didn't paint it back original! But when it was going to cost about 3k to do it I just couldn't justify it. That is a great slalom course boat, NO WAKE!
    Your cousin and Ginny are alot alike! Does she still have that boat?

Smile

I like Kate.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Yes, she just got it about 1-2 yrs. ago. She bought it from the most meticulous anal guy you ever met in your life. It is in absolutely showroom condition. That picture was from last summer.

Kate and I used to fight over who would ski first when we were teens. My uncle's old I/O and then the old jet boat were not the most reliable things so you always wanted to go first or you might not get to go at all. After law school she joined the marine corps. So she can whip you verbally or physically and she can shoot too. We went to college together in Carbondale, IL. I'll never forget when she got a boyfriend with a boat. We wouldn't let her break up with him till winter. Dang it, now you got me missing her.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Holy Crap!!! You guys had fun And lots of it, wish we could of made it, but thanks for the invite all the same.

Why the heck wasn't Kate at our Jam?!?!?!

This is a formal invite for her to join us next year. I'll even take her out shootin' some machine guns, if she wants.