Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home made wrap

Default Home made wrap

So i decided to do a home made wrap. What do you guys think? Great work.

Ok so i am taking a long trip tomorrow and decided to wrap my boat since there is a lot of road work going on between my house and the lake i am going too. I have a few helpful hints for anyone else that wants to try this.

1) You need two people. It takes a long time and a few beers with just one person.

2) srink wrap will not stick to what you want it too stick too and will stick to things you do not want it too stick too. Hince the reason for number one.

3) you might like having a spare tire but it is a pain to srink wrap around. Please see item number two for the reason.

4) use a stick to help roll the swrink wrap out.

5) remove stick before trying to put swrink wrap under boat.

6) you might want to remove the guide poles or risk the swrink wrap getting stuck between the boat and the poles.

I really wish i had a video camera because this would have been funny to watch if it was not me doing it.

I have not taken it on the road yet so i will let you know when i get back how well it worked out or if i end up on the side of the road taking it off.

Sorry for the bad photos but only had my cell phone on me

2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Speechless. this is where obsession starts to get scary.

I completely understand it mind you!

Looks real good Mike. Not sure thats the idea i had in mind when i brough this up about shrink wrapping a boat. I kinda meant more so where the cover meets the boat to stop marks and scratches from the cover on the boat LOL.

Course when we goto Utah this summer i was thinking id wrap the tower speakers and possibly the board racks so the bugs come right off LOL.

Boat looks good i can just picture you out there doing that tonight LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have to protect baby. See what happens when people give me an idea. My friends have learned this a long time ago not to get me a hair brained idea or i might just take it too the next level
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

wow, thats something
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Now that you have that job wrapped up you can be on your way. If there's road work going on it was worth the effort. Don't forget you have to do it again on the way home.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Jester - You are not alone. I, too, completely understand. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

By the way, your cell phone pics are almost as bad as mine.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Well i was thinking of leaving it on so i did not have to rewrap it. What do you think. I think i would be spending a few hours getting it off the prop. I did bring enought to rewrap it for the trip home and i hope to have help at the lake to get it wrapped again. I will try to take more pic's on the rewrapping process.

Also i do hate having a call phone camera. Can i just ahve a cell phone be a cell phone and not everything under the moon including an MP3 player.

That's what I have. It has a camera but the pics are so bad it doesn't really qualify as one. But I can HEAR on it so I LIKE IT!! If I want to send a message I'll use a full keyboard (or smoke signals).
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!