Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default good surfboard to use to wakesurf

Hey i was wondering whats a good surf board to use to wakesurf with? I'm looking more for dimensions as my buddy lives on the coast and can search for used boards that sale for cheap.
    07 Moomba Outback

Quote Originally Posted by Limishowman3 View Post
    Hey i was wondering whats a good surf board to use to wakesurf with? I'm looking more for dimensions as my buddy lives on the coast and can search for used boards that sale for cheap.
    I picked up wakesurfing last weekend. I used a Ronix stage surfboard, It was a light, long, great handling board, no complaints here. Good Luck.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Inland Surfer Blue is a good one...

Lots of us have the Hyperlite Broadcast. It's easy to start on and fun to ride even if you start getting good (you can always remove the two outer fins too) and everyone in the boat can ride it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

2nd on the hyperlite broadcast
    also a cwb ride-very good beginer board

one nice thing about both boards is they both will fit in the factory wakeboard racks
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

broadcast should get the official vote as the best beginner board. easy to ride, as stated remove the 2 fins for more spin, and overall a good board to teach beginners on, and not much money..
    I still carry it around once in a while..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

well Im looking at getting a surf board to use. not a wakesurf board. I was just wondering what surfboards yall have ridden on that are nice to wakesurf with. My buddy said he could pick up some used ones for like a 100 down at the coast. So use for the boat and ocean. I tried tuesday with my wakeboard with the bindings off, impossible to get slack but was able to ride the wave and did some lipslides on top of the wave.
    07 Moomba Outback

Any surfboard should work. They are way bigger than a typical wakesurfer. Also, if you're going to try surfing a wakeboard you should get one of those ancient early edition ones that only went one way and had the point on the front. I think Moombadaze even made a kid surfer out of one with some gator grip on top.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Awww kane i was just doing it b/c i was tired of wakeboarding and we had a bunch of people on boat to make a good wakesurf wave. Plus my friend visited from the coast so he wanted to try. I told my friend to just get a real short board like 6ft, don't even know how much shorter they get but he will do work and find one.
    07 Moomba Outback

You'll be surprised how much fun it is. You can talk to people in the boat and even toss beers to the rider. Also, when it gets a little busy and you can't get good water you can still surf a bit. We wakeboard early, surf the middle of the day and ski late. Makes for a great day.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!