Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hole in transom

You also use a strain relief fitting if you can find one small enough for your wire size.
    2007 Mobius LSV

ABC,

For under swimdeck lights we palce a mini stainless steel clamshell just above the swimdeck. We seal the penetration and fill the clamshell with marine silicon. We also have a silicon sealed quick-disconnect so you can still remove the swimdeck.

For true transom-mounted underwater lights, like the ABYSS for example, where the penetration is underwater, we use a poly sealer. A poly underwater sealer stays forever compliant so it never hardens or shrinks. I don't like the 3M 5200, which many use, because if you ever have to remove and service anything, the gelcoat might come off with the part.

David
    Earmark Marine

David, you gotta pic of that mini clamshell?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    mmandley--
    you can find those on Ebay. i did. I did not like the black plastic ones that came with the boat. So I did a search on ebay and found them. Cant really remember how much I paid for them but they really look alot nicer than the black ones.
    I found them on Ebay also, do you recall what size threw bolts they are? As hard as most of then are to get to i don't want to pull one out just to measure it if you recall the size.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

well, we hijacked this thread - sorry

Mike,

Newty used the 3/4" ones. This is from his reply post on Sled's Mods:L

Looks great! Those thu-hulls are nice huh? I Love the wrap but I'm suprised they don't wrap the black to match. Kind of a weird transition.
    Jester they have a threaded nut on the back and a barb fitting for the hose. Super easy to do... if you flexible enought to get under the dash.
    I have 5 of them on my boat now.
    Heres the link to the guy I got them through. Check out the pic and you will see what I'm talking about.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Set-3...4574QQtcZphoto

While that item # shows being ended, it looks like you can still get them from this ebay seller: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Set-3...ssoriesQ5fGear

Thanks Wolf i was looking and both places i found them had been closed and all i was finding were the adds for 20 each, not 20 for 3.

Anyone got extras, i need a 4th lol.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]