Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Fatal Accident ~ Bound To Happen

This happened in the Sacramento River Delta not far from my house and home to a few on the forum. We've all seen this and while it's illegal to do i knew someday it would happen ...

Delta jet ski accident kills one (9:49 a.m.)

June 08, 2009 12:50 PM
    A man was pronounced dead after a collision between two jet skis Sunday afternoon on Middle River about one mile north of Union Point, the San Joaquin County Sheriff's office said.

Sheriff's spokesman Les Garcia said two jet skis were jumping a boat's wake at about 3:50 p.m. when they collided in mid-air. The driver of one of the jet skis suffered severe head trauma and was pronounced dead at the scene.

His name and other details about the accident have yet to be released. Officials also have not released information about the condition of the driver of the second jet ski.

Read Tuesday’s Record for more on this story by staff writer Keith Reid.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Next there will be a helmet law proposed for jet skiers.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thats really sad to hear. I see jet ski's jump wakes all the time up here. Im sure its real fun but when you get two jet ski's both doing it, and at opposite directions, its a recipe for disaster.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I know it's fun (done it myself), but I always wave the jet skis off. Mostly b/c they always get too dang close to my kids for me to feel safe.

I can relate. A long time ago there was an accident where a jetskier ran over a tuber who had fallen off and was bobbing in the water, Tuber suffered brain damage.

Quote Originally Posted by insanepolack View Post
    I can relate. A long time ago there was an accident where a jetskier ran over a tuber who had fallen off and was bobbing in the water, Tuber suffered brain damage.

WOW

I dont mind the jet ski people when we are cruising to a location to hang out in. I will even slow down to wake speed to give them a nice wake.

Once were ready to board and tube though yea, i get pretty agitated if they hang out and try to play in the wave we make.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

i don't have much use for the jet skiers when i'm trying to board. they keep screwing up my water. we call them lake rats.

As stupid as some of them are recklessly ripping around they should be forced to wear helmets! Besides it's illegal in all 50 states to wakejump a jetski per the USCG. I can understand jet skiing can be boring just ripping around wasting gas, but c'mon have some common sense! It pisses me off when they following a rider or the kids on the tube and i've chased down and reamed more than one.

Last year a mom (driving) & son (13 or 14) on a jetski slammed the side of a wakeboat in Discovery Bay here, killed her and seriously injured her son. Literally cut her in half and the divers had to recover her body, bad thing was it was in plain view of homes as well. Those things are way to powerful for the uninitiated yet they rent them and sell them to anyone!

Last outing i saw a lady teaching a 10-12 year old girl to ride one. Know where? The freaking ramp of all places! Needless to say i gave her a piece of my mind! Mind you the lady wasn't all that versed in it either!
    2007 Mobius LSV

This weekend first time ever tubing with the new boat I twice had to wave off the same 3 person jet boat that was jumping our wake behind the tuber.

Exclamation

I have to say to me its a matter of respect and common sense. If I see someone is boarding and kind of own a section of lake.. I stay clear. (mind you this is in my boat) Why because that is thier claim so to say. I just go find my own little piece of heaven and go on my way.

What drives me a little insane is most Jet\wave runners dont give a damn. they just run up in your space, dis-regard your safty for some fun. I mean I used to own a wave runner.. and uh yeah they get old after a bit. But to me there is not excuse for being stupid when someones life is a stake.

Then again some of the lakes around here people have been known to drive their boats between the boarder and the tow-boat, thus cutting the the tow rope....