Thread: dinged my Prop

Default dinged my Prop

I hit a log this weekend and I dinged my prop It is a 4 bladded brass prop. Can these be repaired.

Where is th ebest spot to get a spare prop?

Thanks

Ken
    KenIdhao
    2008 LSV
    Wake plate
    Perfect Pass

Quote Originally Posted by kenidaho View Post
    I hit a log this weekend and I dinged my prop It is a 4 bladded brass prop. Can these be repaired.

Thanks

Ken
    I sent my prop to West Marine on East Lake Union over here in Seattle and they did a great job back in 2007. Actually I believe my prop ended up better than stock after I got it back? It feels like the hole shot is a little better but the pitch is the same. The guy told me the machine they use brings the prop to exact standards with close to no flaws. I see you're in E. Wash so I do not know what to tell you for over there? I think they will most likley just send the prop over here to Seattle anyway? Maybe there is somewhere on Moses Lake or in the Tri Cities that might machine props?

So you could ship it over to Seattle yourself and probably save some $? These brass props are expensive so you probably don't want to buy another one? I think I paid $120 or something close to that to machine it?

Dealers in the Tri-Cities send them to Precision in Spokane. There are people that say they can rebuild a prop here in town but they can't. Where you picking up wood to mess up a prop?
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

what size prop do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by kenidaho View Post

Thanks

Ken
    call oj props direct @ 1-800-359-9730. just ask for eric and you can ship it back to them and they can repair it and have it back to you within a week.

. Where you picking up wood to mess up a prop?
    I was on the Pend Oreille river.

My wife dropped it off at Precision Propeller today. it should be done on the 18th,

I'm not sure what size I need I'm a new owner with a 08 LSV Not sure what it takes.
    KenIdhao
    2008 LSV
    Wake plate
    Perfect Pass