Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok, ive got the same problem, tried the trickle charge works for awhile then back to the same. do i need to change decks or just go with out the amp to save on power?
    i spent most of my money on women and beer: the rest, i just wasted.

Give us a bit more info Ryan. What's your stereo setup? Single or dual batts? Battery switch?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by RYAN View Post
    Ok, ive got the same problem, tried the trickle charge works for awhile then back to the same. do i need to change decks or just go with out the amp to save on power?
    new battery???

It very well could be a bad batt or simply the way the Perko switch is utilized. One crucial element to extended battery lif is making sure it has a charge throughout the off season. Placing them on a automatic trickle charger is the only way to ensure that. A battery that sits for months on end that is not recieving a charge will loose capacity to the point of what is happening here. I pull my batts when the season is over and place them on trickle chargers on the bench until the first season outing every year and have never had battery issues on any of my boats.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Default Ohm load

Are your rear speakers wired in parallel, I had an issue also when I cranked it up, head unit would shut off. There was two speakers per side (2 ohm load). I disconnected the rear speakers problem went away. I don't have an amp feeding those speakers yet. Hope that helps.
    We like to MOOMBA MOOMBA!

Im rocking the old school fosgate punch 150 with one 12`` fosgate, new battery( tried the two battery, didnt make much of a difference) polk 6.5 x 4 with a sony deck. any ideas?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are your rear speakers wired in parallel, I had an issue also when I cranked it up, head unit would shut off. There was two speakers per side (2 ohm load). I disconnected the rear speakers problem went away. I don't have an amp feeding those speakers yet. Hope that helps."

na all running separate.

"Perko switch" ......?
    Last edited by RYAN; 06-10-2009 at 11:41 AM.
    i spent most of my money on women and beer: the rest, i just wasted.

I'm about to install a 2nd batt as I am having the same problem with my stereo... Would you all recommend this over a perko switch?

http://surepower.com/separator.html
    RIDE: 2002 Moomba Mobius V

TOW VEHICLE: 2002 Chevy Tahoe Z71

SETUP: 2011 142 Slingshot RECOIL 2011 Slingshot RAD Boots