Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stereo turns off

I have a 07 xlv w/ kenwood mp 232, and excelon kac-x542 amp. This year when I turn it up past 20 or so it shuts off. It has not done this in the past. Does anyone have a suggestion? In the past we could turn it up and the kids could hear it on the tube. Now it shuts off when we turn it up.

My amps did this when the battey voltage got low. There wasn't enough voltage left to run the amp because it was on the second battery and i didn't have it charging.

Id have to assume your issue isn't the battery, if you haven't had the boat out yet and your having this problem, id be checking the wires. Maybe a speaker is shorting and over loading the amp and causing it to go to safe mode.

If you have changed anything since last time it worked well then i would go back and double check those upgrades, changes.

If nothing has been changed then it would most likely be a bad connection and this is causing some sort of short.

Newty? Razzman?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks mmandley. I haven't changed anything from last year. My boat has two batteries and, I usually run it on one battery while we are out just so I know I have a charged one if something happens to the one we are using. I will have to check to see if that makes a difference. How would I know if a speaker has a short? When the volume is down lower I checked all of the speakers and they seem to be working fine.

Yup! voltage issue. Charge those puppies up and let us know what happens.

PWI as usual...

My friend had the same issue with his wakesetter. All his amps where on the second battery and that battery would not hold a charge. The amps would turn on when he was under full power but anytime he cut power the amp would turn off. Hope this helps.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I had the same thing happen to me. I charged up the battery and sure enough I could crank the tunes again.

Thanks guys I will try that. I appreciate the quick response. The kids need their tunes ya know. Thanks

Assuming you have a Perko or battery selector switch, how do you switch batteries when using the boat? Do you trickle charge the batts when the boat sits for awhile?
    2007 Mobius LSV

I normally don't do anything with the battery between uses. We try to get out weekly and have never had a issue. On this last trip I do not remember if I had the selector on 1&2 or just drawing from one battery. Should I be doing some sort of charging between uses?

If the boat is used regularly then nothing is needed to maintain batteries. Battery 1 should be your starting battery, a group 24. Batt 2 should be a deep cycle batt, group 27. Assuming (I hate that word) the amp is connected to Batt 2 correctly the sequence should be as follows with the battery switch.

Starting - batt 1
    Engine on, running boat - batt 1/2 or both
    Parked listening to tunes - batt 2

Forgetting to switch while doing any of the above can either drain batts or fail to charge them resulting in your issue.
    2007 Mobius LSV