Thread: Ballast problem

Default Ballast problem

My port rear ballast won't fill or drain. Thought it was valve at first. I changed it with no effect. When I switch the plugs at the valves(under tran. cover) it fills up but still no drain. The lights come on switch at the panel. I would love any advice that could help. Of course this is the side of the boat I wakesurf on! Thanks for any help....

By the way it's a '07 LSV

Look up under you dashboard, lay on your back and look straight up and you'll see a small fuse block. These are the fuses for your ballast system. Start there befoer moving on.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Look up under you dashboard, lay on your back and look straight up and you'll see a small fuse block. These are the fuses for your ballast system. Start there befoer moving on.
    Yep, yep, yep.... listen to Razz. I thought my whole system was screwed up until I got under the dash and found all three 7.5 amp fuses blown. Replaced them all and the complete system works again. It will say something like left (rear), right and front as labels on that fuse block. There are 6 total fuses on that block.

You guys are awesome.... I appreciate the fast response. I will check that out tomorrow

Blown fuse....thanks for the help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hvactech7 View Post
    Blown fuse....thanks for the help!!!!
    Now wasn't that a whole lot cheaper than bringing it in to your dealer?

luckily the valves are only $13. So that's all I wasted and now I've got backup. Saved me a bundle and now I feel more confident working on my own boat. Thanks for the help!!!!