Hybrid View

Default WakeSurf Configuration for 08 LSV

Own 2008 Moomba LSV with GIII Ballast (400lbs, 2 rear, 1 center) with Wake Plate.

Looking for suggestions on proper configuration for wakesurfing.

Considering adding an additional ballast (400lbs or so) that would sit on top of the seat directly behind the drivers seat. Wake is good when we have 5+ in boat but usually ride with 4. Wave could be better. Looking for some curl.

Suggestions?

I just fill a 275 on top of my 400 in the rear compartment. I also throw a 400 in the seat or bow depending on peeps in the boat. Since I foil and wakeboard I didnt want the 750s in the rear.

I do the same as roachman with the extra 400 on the seat or bow depending on where people are sitting, but I use a 750 in the compartment. Wakeplate somewhere between up and midway to clean up the face.

First off Welcome LakeNormanMoomba to the forums

You will find tons of Ballast set up treads in here. Also before you buy any ballast stuff talk with JasonW here from wake master.

I run only stock ballast and generally have 4 person crew.

Fill the rear bag-------------400
    Fill center bag ski locker --- 400

Go 10mph and set wake plate till the water is dark and full looking.

Generally i put 1 person in the bow and 1 person in the rear corner.

Nice wave for stock and learning on i think.

Now i am planning on upgrading my bags and such but this is my set up for a LSV stock GIII system.

I don't think you will get those huge waves with a nice curl on it untill you upgrade, the boat just doesn't displace that much water stock, its a lot better then most stock but you have to get near 2K ballast to get big waves.

I had a 10 person crew 2 weekends ago and the wave was insane, we had a very experienced surfer with us and he really liked the wave and the boat was ridding dirty < looked like we slammed her like a low rider >
    Last edited by mmandley; 06-05-2009 at 05:39 PM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

We are still learning, but here is what we have come up with:

Rear locker full (gravity 3)
    Center floor locker full
    I fill 2 550lb sacs and put them on the rear seat in the
    appropriate corner. I tried to put one up front and and that makes the
    wave longer too.
    Wakeplate at 3/4 nose up
    atleast 5 people in the boat all on the riders side
    One person sitting on top of the locker on the riders side
    10.5- 11.5 mph

It makes a sweet wave but you definately have to play around with it. Each time out we have come up with a different setup so it depends on the conditions too.

Thats a good looking wave man.

Well have to be careful here about anyone on the back of the sun deck over the lockers. The Sheriff will stop you and give you chit about that here. Anyone thats been on the water when im around knows the Patrol loves to come stop me and chat for some reason or another LOL.

I'm sure the warning sign im there doesn't help, 370hp 06 F150 4x4 with duel Flow masters and 4inch collector pipes.

Can you say loud? You can generally hear me a block away when the boat is hooked up. GF can hear me 1/4 mile away at night when i come home for dinner.

Just noticed your in Portland to man. Where was those surfing pics at? On the Willy?

Another thing i learned is water depth plays a big part in your wave, if your in some shallow water like 15 ft or so and then drop to 50ft+ the wave will get steeper and better looking too.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]