Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Full service at winterization to include filters and fluids ~ $185
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    Mine was $345.00 They did the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, tanny fluid, check the plugs.
    Thanks. That didn't include the impeller right?
    Adam
    Last edited by ajsboat; 06-04-2009 at 10:57 PM.

no. It did not include the prop. If you are refering to the impellor for the water pump, I did that myself. $32.00
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

$62 here for impeller installed. will do myself next time..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

There telling me i need to replace the impeller at the 100Hr service.

I thought as long as you replaced it each season your good to go. Id like to think if your running the boat that often it will last the season.

Its the sitting for 6+ months and it drying out that makes it fail no?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Not neccessarily Mike, my brother-in-law ran his for 4 years! Some people will pull it at the end of season and bag it in vaseline until spring. I've never done that. Some people replace it every year. I've never done that. I'm on the same one from last year and it works fine, doesn't mean i don't have a spare though. Heat & debris is mostly what kills them.

That's the reason i anchor out from shore & start out there so i don't suck sand and such into the impellar and never run the boat in close or into lake weed. Now an old one can crack over time but seriously there's no reason to replace every year unless you do a lot of hours.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Btw my dealer also concurred with my assesment after i explained it to him.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    There telling me i need to replace the impeller at the 100Hr service.

I thought as long as you replaced it each season your good to go. Id like to think if your running the boat that often it will last the season.

Its the sitting for 6+ months and it drying out that makes it fail no?
    If you change the impeller every year for $35 yourself, tell the dealer to stuff it. Somebody else said the dealer "checks the plugs". What do they check? Change those every year your self as well. A set for my boat was like $25. Do the easy stuff yourself and save the money for when something breaks.

The Plugs would be easy to do all you need to know is the gap and i bet someone on the form knows that. How hard is the impeller to replace? Sounds like it is easy? Changing the oil should be easy?
    You know i think we should put together a how too book on the services. I think the hardest part is finding where everything is located. Also put a ranking on how hard it is too do for an average person.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    The Plugs would be easy to do all you need to know is the gap and i bet someone on the form knows that. How hard is the impeller to replace? Sounds like it is easy? Changing the oil should be easy?
    You know i think we should put together a how too book on the services. I think the hardest part is finding where everything is located. Also put a ranking on how hard it is too do for an average person.
    Sound goods to me.