Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you pay for yearly service?

Time for me to do my yearly service and don't have to time or will power to do it myself.

What do you guys normally pay and what do you get done? Maybe oil change, trans fluid change, impeller, fuel filter, etc. What is necessary?

Adam

About $35 at Kaneboats Marina, Wings, Yeungs and Palm Reading.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    i will be there in October for service. don't really need the Yeungs, but the palm reading may be quite helpful.

oh, i forgot, it will cost me $2000 to get there, i guess i should cancel my service appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Thanks for the help.

keep hearing of this yueng thing, but haven't been able to find it yet. it is very elusive out here in the pac northwest...

I would expect to pay around 2-3 bills for all fluid changes, impeller and fuel filter..
    it cost me $249 for my last winterization including oil change, fog, impeller and ballast winterization(waste of money imo). add another $50 for fuel filter.

there are other threads that detail the hours of service and what to have done. search for those, and I believe there is a pdf floating around here somewhere that has a chart with checks that make it easy...
    Last edited by sandm; 06-04-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: grammar nazi's are lurking
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yes Sandm is right on target.

20hr service i just paid for, pick her up tomorrow.

oil change
    trans change
    impeller change
    check engine trans alignment
    check shaft seal
    tight all mounting hardware, tower and check all electronics
    few other little things.

100hr service is the 20hr plus fuel filter and a few other things they wouldnt tell me about at the time but it is 500

Winterization - 150 includes drain all water, fog engine, disconnect all pipping that had water in it.

Summerization 100 - reconnect all tubing, change oil, and run engine for basic testing.

I don't have the complete list of each service but yea its expensive and there's plenty of posts and threads on what and how to do most of this stuff yourself.

I paid for the 20hr service since the boat is brand new. I don't know if i can swallow the 100hr service and rest of the services. I have a pretty solid mechanical background working at Ford for so long and my degree is in electrical engineering so i tinker a bit in that.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

we pay for the winterization and get the oil changed at that time, then in the spring, just dump in the lake and start... no need to pay for summerization if they connect all the pipes again once drained..

guessing since the op is on florida, he won't ever need any of that, just basic maintenance.
    in that case, can't really call it yearly service, but more like a car, but with hrs instead of miles....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Mike,
    Well i do not like the 100 hour service price. That is not nice. I am at 85 hours right now and i really don't like that. Hummm i might have to do my own 100 hour service. Anyone have a how too for 100 hour service?
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Yea Jester i about fell over when they told me that price. I was like do i get a reach around too? My arse is sure sore.

All it sounded like they do extra is the impeller, fuel filter, maybe a new belt, and then change all the fluids again. When i pick her up tomorrow im going to ask for a break down and if they cant provide one then i am not even going near that service.

I know the service manager is a new guy to the service manager role and is still sorting some things out there but he is a nice feller.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mine was $345.00 They did the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, tanny fluid, check the plugs.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!