Default Cooler Space in 07 XLV

Looking for ways to increase cooler space with out giving up seats in boat. Have any of you found a cooler that will fit in the space where it is open under the seat, passenger rear of cockpit. My boat is stored a little ways away and I need the measurments for that space so I can get a cooler to put there and then take out that one cushion. Let me know. Thanks

From what i have done with my OBV is that the build in cooler is useless. I now use it for a shoe locker. When i take a cooler out i just put it right next too the driver. It acts as another seat if needed or a foot rest. It does create another thing people have to step over to get into the bow but i just lock the people in the bow anyways and not let them get in the back of the boat so it works well.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

We've done that also, the challenge with the xlv is the play pen bow. there is one section of the seats in the cockpit that does not have any storage under it. I want to move that cushion and put a cooler in that spot.

We use a softside cooler that fits under the space under the seat back.

Not sure about the XLV, but being larger than the my LSV it should be the same. I have an Igloo Cube cooler that fits in the back v-drive compartment in front of the ballast bag. Top closes fine with it in there. Really cleans up the boat by not having a cooler sitting in the floor and you can just take it out at the end of the day.

SC_LSV
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

The igloo ice cube is one of the best coolers ever devised. It looks so small but it holds a day's worth of beverages and the ice comes home with you. Absolutely love mine. It takes up a lot less floor space than other coolers too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    The igloo ice cube is one of the best coolers ever devised. It looks so small but it holds a day's worth of beverages and the ice comes home with you. Absolutely love mine. It takes up a lot less floor space than other coolers too.
    What size are you using? The 14 can, 50 to 90 can? I am getting a little tired of throwing 24lbs of ice into the cooler and by mid day its all water.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mine looks like this one:

http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1287450

I think it's a 48 qt. But they make other sizes and now you can get them with wheels too. Mine fits right behind the driver's seat in the Outback and kids sit on it all the time to be in the shade. I think mine was only about $25 at Wal-ly's.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!