Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 2008 LSV E-Z Cruise issues

Hello All. I recently purchased a 2008 LSV and am having issues with the factory cruise. First I pull up the boarder then level off my speed and flip the switch on. It takes over and we are good. After the boarder falls I throttle back and circle around and attempt to pull them up again. I never turn the ignition off and leave the cruise on. When I try try to throttle up again from idle the boat is so sluggish that I cannot pull up the rider without them sucking down a ton of water and being pretty pissed at me. It feels like you just jumped in a car with 10 year old gasoline and bad plugs and tried to run it down the 1/4 mile.... I just took the boat in for its 20 hour service and listed the cruise as one of the things that needed to be fixed under warranty (there were just a couple of things). The dealer told me that was normal and that I would have to turn it on and off each time I needed to pull someone up... Is this true? Has anyone else had this problem? I love everything else about the boat but if this is true I know why everyone spends the money on the PP. Thank you in advance for your response to this post.

08 lsv, yep that is true. once you bring the throttle below the set speed it disengages and you will have to start over because the default speed becomes a slow idle. ( no resume button like autos have) check out page 34 of your manual

http://moomba.com/downloads/owner_manuals/moomba_08.pdf
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

um, mines not working like that,

after ingageing cruise speed and then going to idle(fallen rider), then accelerating(hit it)-once i hit that set speed and advancing throttle further my speed will not increase--as long as the ignition is not turned off it wont go faster that what i set on cruise control.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Lucky you Mommbadaze =(

Mine ask like 08LSV's but mine is even more finiky

I have it turned off. I get to the speed i want, then click it on. The green light flashes for about 4 or 5 seconds and i then push the throttle forward 3 or 4inches of travel, the green flashing light goes solid.

Now when i make a turn the boat should stay at the same speed, but it doesnt it slows down and then speeds back up at the end of the turn. I was under the imprestion the whole reason i have to push the throttle forward is to allow it to have enough throttle to add power threw a turn and not lose my speed.

Now when the rider falls and i slow down to go get them i do have to turn the cruise off. If i dont then when its time to go again you cant go very fast at all.

The other issue i have is when the cruise is set to say 21 and everything is good, the rider signals faster i hit my + button a few times and the speed creeps up. No big deal. Now if the rider wants to go slower then what i set the cruise at it becomes a huge ordeal, i hit - but nothing happens and if i shut the cruise off i have to slow the boat down considerably to disingage the cruise and then power back up causing the rider to fall or take a jerking hit as the boat speeds back up.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default perfect pass

So what is the difference in this cruise control and perfect pass? If it is such a problem why doesnt skiers choice just use perfect pass.

The PP is a 1K upgrade for 1.

The main difference is the PP is digital and adjusts speeds from GPS. It also is programmable to each rider. It saves their info so you don't have to change it for each rider.

From what i understand PP is standard issue on the Supra model on up now. Pretty much any boat over 60K has some PP version to it.

I was seriously considering the PP when bought ours but since it didn't have it they said it would be another 1K and i couldn't negotiate that into the deal since i got the Z5, sub woofer and duel batteries for free basically.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Moomba cruise is RPM based. When you set a speed and engage the switch, it will hold that RPM. If the light is blinking, you need to push the throttle forward. When a skier/boarder falls, you pull the throttle back and the cruise disengages. If you leave the engine running, you should be able to push the throttle forward and the cruise will re-engage back to the rpm/speed. If you turn off the ignition while the cruise switch is still on, the cruise will re-engage when the engines starts; only it will be at idle rpm. That means you can's go faster than idle until you turn it off.
    Being RPM based, when you turn the engine will increase power to maintain rpm, not speed.
    Moomba cruise is very nice for standard equipment, but isn't PP or ZO.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Yes i agree on all your points Maxpower.

Im wondering about this turning thing, physics doesn't make since in this matter,

RPM based which i know Moomba cruise is. You very correct there.

Confusion and Physics set in now.

Boat travels at 3K rpms in a straight line.

Boat makes a 60 degree turn to the port side. < right > Pressure is exerted on the hull on the starboard side < Left > to allow the boat to turn. This physical pressure causes more resistance in effect slows the boat down.

I don't understand why the RPM slows down, the engine should be driving the same speed and power as going straight its just resistance slowing it down.

I guess in my mind the prop would be spinning at the same RPM all the time but it slows down in a turn, i can understand the engine wanting more fuel for power to over come this resistance.

I guess when thinking of the prop like a tire on a car i can understand better.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Smile

I'm really not into the physics of the matter but from past experience,all of the above is basically true.Being rpm based ,easy cruise works fine for basic wakeboard and waterskiing etc as long as you go straight. As soon as turning is involved or a heavy or agressive skier/wakeboarder is involved then you really notice its not the best system. I, among others have changed to PP and once set up its really no comparison. My wife ,kids etc can now drive at the speed i want when ever i want and i/you don't need to worry about speed issues.
    PP has a couple quirks to figure out when calibrating and doing initial setup but is well worth it . Its not gotten the nickname of THE MARRIAGE SAVER for nothing.
    Might be worth looking into.

Default 2008 Xlv

Problems with my Moomba cruise also - completely replaced at 22 hours. Was popping and missing and very erratic.

Still having issues with the replacement - cutting in and out and erratic RPM's. When the cruise is set and you start to pull the skier out it acts like it doesn't have enough power, then it accelerates, then slows down, and is very sluggish.

Dealer is going to take it to the lake next week before deciding what to do next.