Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vinyl problems

Well i use the Babes stuff you guys are talking about. I guess ill save the Tuff Stuff for the fiberglass, carpet and plastics like the dash. Goign to have to buy more Babes the little sample bottle is almost empty since i use it each week.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Razzman....you have converted me....no more fantastik regardless what SC says!!!
    04 XLV

I use what razz uses great stuff,i know if i ever get tears in my vinyl i'll just go to my dealer and replace the whole cushion. Its good to know that your dealer can fix or replace anything with your boat even fiberglass work.
    I Think MOOMBA is Addicting

I pulled my boat out of storage over the Memorial Day weekend and used 303 Aerospace that stuff is AWESOME. My boat looks brand new! I do use the Magic Eraser from time to time...

Magic Erasers, a whole 'nuther subject. Be vewy, vewy carefull with those things! I'll admit i used them too on another boat years ago ... Then i found out something and did a test, they REMOVE vinyl!!

YES they remove a little bit of the vinyl everytime you use them, try it! Get a scrap that has suface detail like our boats and use it on it like you were taking out a stubborn stain. You'll notice that a little at a time the vinyl detail will slowly dissapear! They are abrasive and over time you'll start seeing smooth spots in your interior!

About four years ago there was a guy on Wakeworld who bought a used boat and decided to "spring clean" as it was real dirty, so he guts the boat and using a magic eraser he scoured the whole interior as it had stains, fade and was grayish looking. When all was said and done he stated it looked like sh*t and he ended up having it redone as the magic erasers left it blotchy looking!. Guess he got real carried away!

Be careful with them!
    Last edited by Razzman; 06-05-2009 at 11:08 AM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Thanks I Think I Will Be Going The Razzman Rout

Thanks to you guys my upholstery looks and feels like new. Thanks a million for the help.

Hmmm, I just read what Razz said about magic erasers above so I may not use them anymore. Anyway, here is what worked for me below but doesn't sound like we should be using it.

The best way to clean your vinyl and get the white parts looking white again is with a magic eraser and method organic cleaner. You know how you get that gray grease line on the back seat and all over the back deck from people laying on it? It's from all of the sun block, accelerators and basic grime and dirt on everybodies dirty skin. Buy some of those magic eraser sponges. Spray your cleaner of choice but I would recommend a mild one so it doesn't ruin the color of your vinyl. So spray the cleaner first then use your sponge in a circular motion to break up all of the grime and discoloration. Then take a paper towel to wipe off all of the crap you just dislodged with the magic eraser. Your paper towel will look like a light gray after wiping. Then take your magic eraser sponge and get all of the junk off your vinyl. I just did mine yesterday and the white shines like new again.
    Last edited by ToddXLV; 06-08-2009 at 09:27 PM.