Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Never seen that one Lance. Who makes it?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Never seen that one Lance. Who makes it?
    No idea, boat is miles away and this one is an image from some forum and they don't mention the brand. Looking now.

Update: looks like it's made by 'BEP' - here's a link...

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...t.do?pid=12691
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

You can see my Perko switch in the Stereo Makeover thread under general chat close ot the end i posted some pics of my amps and it has a clear picture of the perko switch.

I will prolly upgrade to Razz's type of switch this winter. For now those lazy seat covers can move it when asked to LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Lanceville,
    yep its a bep marine This waht Rob @sc recomended to me yesterday. This is a dual sensing unit so the switch to 1 or 2 is for which battery is sensing. The boats come from the factory without batteries the dealer sets these up. Also rob told me us use two dual purpose batteries instead of a starting and deep cycle battery You can buy the sensing unit without the switch.

You should be all set at 1 the house battery

http://www.bepmarine.com/Single-Engi...-180-1460.html

http://www.bepmarine.com/Dual-Sense-...-166-1469.html

I looked at these last year but could find out where to buy, now ican find online.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Talked to the dealer, everything is on #1, backup is #2, he told me to keep it on one and not think about it. If my battery goes dead, switch to #2 and start. Somehow when it's on #1 it still charges BOTH? I guess that makes sense? lol, ready to get to the lake tomorrow AM and get another look at the wiring and be sure this is gonna work like the dealer says it will.
    Last edited by lancesaville; 06-05-2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

I cant say with 100% certainty but the way the switch works is it Isolates the batteries in position 1 and 2.

If its in 1 the boat ignores Battery 2 as part of the charging system.

I know my dealer told me the exact same thing run it in 1 and never worry about a dead battery.

Just last weekend i forgot to change the switch from 2 when swimming back to 1/2 while boarding.

After a day on the water we were headed back and the HU started acting all strange and sounded bad.

I checked my Perko and it was on 2. I shut the boat down and switched it to 1 only. Boat wouldn't start gauge said battery was below 12v

Switched it back to 2 and boat started, switched it back to 1/2 for the trip to the trailer. Got home and the computer charger said battery 1 was at 15% and battery 2 was at 100%

I was pretty frustrated that my dealer didn't know how this worked exactly of they misunderstood my questioning. Eighter way this is why i have all my stereo amps on battery 2 right now, ill upgrade to Razz's style switch later.

Heres a pic of my Perko
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

mmandley,

thats not a perko that lanceville is speaking of.

Perko = manual switch
    BEP = automatic sensing switch

The 714-100A uses our dual sensing VSR (710-125A-DS). A welcome addition to the 701 selector switch it ensures you will always have a fully charged reserve battery. When the switch is in position 1 it becomes the sensing battery for the VSR. Battery 2 which is in isolation will be charged via the VSR when the engine is running ensuring it is always fully charged. When the switch is in battery 2 position this becomes the sensing battery and battery 1 is charged via the VSR. The fact that there is always a fully charged battery in reserve is a huge safety factor.
    Last edited by jmvotto; 06-05-2009 at 10:19 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    mmandley,

Perko = manual switch

The 714-100A uses our dual sensing VSR (710-125A-DS). A welcome addition to the 701 selector switch it ensures you will always have a fully charged reserve battery. When the switch is in position 1 it becomes the sensing battery for the VSR. Battery 2 which is in isolation will be charged via the VSR when the engine is running ensuring it is always fully charged. When the switch is in battery 2 position this becomes the sensing battery and battery 1 is charged via the VSR. The fact that there is always a fully charged battery in reserve is a huge safety factor.
    Well we're hoping it will work that way I'll find out tomorrow for sure.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

mmandley,

Perko = manual switch

This makes me think this would not be the best scenario for our boats where the sound systems are connected to batt2. I need to look into how these work as the upgraded stereos can tax a battery.
    2007 Mobius LSV

mmandley,

Perko = manual switch

This is how mine works (factory 2 battery set-up). Starter on battery 1, accessories on 2. I set the switch on 1 and never have to move it. I can drain the battery 2 with the stereo, still start the boat, and have both batteries charge once running.