Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Default Gas Prices

I know they are not as bad as last year but they seem to be on the way there. This morning on my ride into work all the stations in my area went up 11 cent over night. How can they justify that much. Looks like they are on a roll for 3.50 - 4.00 by midsummer at this rate. Gas was 2.54 this morning and 2.43 on my way home yesterday.

Yup happens every summer for as long as i can remember. They know people drive more so every year it's another lame excuse, wonder what it is this year?
    2007 Mobius LSV

yeah, filling up the tank it probably the worst part of boating. Gas was up to $2.69 this morning, and I'm sure it will rise another $0.10 by this weekend. Still much cheaper than last summer, but having it raise almost $1.00 more in just a month is frustrating. Just have to suck it up I guess.
    2006 Mobius XLV

Default yep

It did slow us down some last year with high gas prics but it didnt stop us. We had to cut back to about every other weekend at the lake house when it was at 4.00/ gallon. Hopefully it wont get that high this year because I enjoy being at the lake every weekend.

Yea gas prices here are on the rise too. A few weeks ago it was 2.25 reg and 2.35 for mid grade < boat fuel >

Now the reg for the truck is 2.49 and the mid grade for the boat was 2.59 and its rising of course.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Labor day weekend, there was a price war on the way to the lake.. filled up for $2.09 for Regular.. got as low as $2.03.. Lake gas was $2.56 for 87 WITH Ethanol (only option is gas station off the lake).
    BUT war was over yesterday.. back to $2.40ish. still better than last year, but wish we could have stored up a few 55 gal drums over winter!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Yea wish we could stroe some fuel too. We have a ton of room for it in the back.

Hey is everyone running 89 or better fuel?

I run 87 in the rig.

I run 89 in the boat. I only use Chevron gas.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default 89

only 89 or greater in the boat. here in florida we only have gas with 10% or less ethanol now so i use the blue stabil to help with that.

Oil companies have to make that billions profit!!

Hey 98Outback how do you like your Supra SSV? I sold my mobius and I have been looking at some 2002 SSV's.

Default i love it.

Its a big upgrade for me. I had a 1998 outback to start with and then bought this 2003 ssv from a friend who bought it new. I purchased it from him last year for a great deal and the boat only had 120hrs on it. It was also always keep in a climate controlled garage. It is loaded with everything you could get then.