Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2007 outback v kenwwood stereo

our dealer is telling us that our 2007 outback v kenwwood stereo has no auxillary jack in the back for an mp3 or ipod hook up. since they still have the boat doing some warranty work we cant see for ourself- i assume people have been able to hook an ipod up to a factory installed 2007 stereo. am i correct?

don't know for sure, but there should be a kenwood 13 pin connector on the back for CD Changer. You can get a 13 pin to RCA and then you can connect your ipod with rca connections.. THERE ARE OPTIONS! get the model number off the stereo and I'll look up for sure.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I would assume it's the ktsmp400 or some variant.
    there's a jack on the back that you can either add xm/sirius radio or an ipod controller. plug and play. go see a local stereo dealer that stocks kenwood. they will hook you up, and only takes 10 minutes to install either one.
    only downside I have heard the ipod adaptor is not real great at searching for songs, but to just hit play and cruise does real well...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The 07's use the Kenwood KDC-232MR marine reciever. You can use a generic or Kenwood cable that plugs into the CD changer port. I had one on mine but pulled the Kenwood in favor of a Pioneer. The one i had looked like this one. You'd need to research as not all these type of cables work with certain gen ipods.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I have one like this
    http://www.autosoundcentral.com/Peri...er_p/pxa05.htm

you can plug in a ipod or just about anything else.

Razz.. if you changed to pioneer, do your remotes still work? or did you have to replace them too?

IM not a fan of my factory remote. It takes to long to turn it up and down. Also with my Iphone as my Ipod the remote doesn't skip songs or pause or anything. All its good for is volume and mute.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    I have one like this
    http://www.autosoundcentral.com/Peri...er_p/pxa05.htm

you can plug in a ipod or just about anything else.

Razz.. if you changed to pioneer, do your remotes still work? or did you have to replace them too?
    No, neither the Aeware or Kenwood remotes will not work with the Pioneer, had to change over to Pioneer CD-MR70 remotes. See this thread and you'll see them, or one of them at least; Stereo Makeover
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    IM not a fan of my factory remote. It takes to long to turn it up and down. Also with my Iphone as my Ipod the remote doesn't skip songs or pause or anything. All its good for is volume and mute.
    That's what's nice about the Pioneer remotes, i can mute, volume, switch track back or forth, change source or turn on the stereo even.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

PL, I have an 07 and I do have an adapter that runs from the back of my deck to the glove box where I plug in my IPOD. My dealer gave it to me FOC becasue I complained enough, but he told me it was like a $120 option.

our stereo shop wanted $99 installed, but I think it had been sitting around for a while and probably could have gotten him down to $75 if I tried...

we debated long and hard, and decided to just turn on the xm for another summer. only $40 for the summer months thru october and no arguing over someone's lame playlist
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten