Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Figuring out wake for 08 OBV

Well we are getting there, here is a pic of my 13 year old (first time). Center 400lbs, right, 400Lbs and wake plate 1/2 at around 10-11mph. I think a 750 would be the trick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V

looking great! first time too!

i put in a 650, because i liked the dimensions better than the 750.

Looks great! The 565 fits great in the OBV, and along with a few hundred pounds in the bow will really help clean up and lengthen the pocket.

Thats awesome looking.

We did some surfing today and i didn't think to get a pic of our surf.

Im running stock ballast in my LSV. 400 in the ski locker and 400 in the rear.

At least i think its a 400. Its a really long bag, much longer looking then the ski locker one. It goes from the back of the boat 1/2 way up the rear cushion.

The wave was nice and dark, but every time i got pulled up and went to move into the the wave, besides looking intimidating, the board would realy speed up and i would lose control. But fun non the less.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    The wave was nice and dark, but every time i got pulled up and went to move into the the wave, besides looking intimidating, the board would realy speed up and i would lose control. But fun non the less.
    Swap out that 400lb bag for a 750lb bag and it just gets so much better.

Weight on front foot=gas pedal-speedup
    Weight on rear foot=brake pedal
    Its all about ballance

fun is'nt it
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I finally put in a 750 and cut out the cooler so I coud put the stock 400 under the seats on the left side of the boat

Wow amazing !!!!

just my girlfriend in the boat and those 2 sacks full only and the wake was bigger than its ever been
    2007 Outback V

Yep i hear ya Moombadaze, i got the Gas pedal part down i know how to mash that sucker, its the breaks i haven't figured out LOL.

Its a blast, every time i fall i come up for air and laugh, i just keep going till i cant stand up or the crew complains its time to go home because the sun is setting.

C.Rix you cut out your cooler? We use ours all the time, guess if we need to we could later. GF and a few buddies ride goofy so i know i need to get 2 750s and i plan to. Thinking July will allow that to happen. Too much in June with my birthday to spend the extra money for it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sled491 Guest

We were out surfing behind my buddies Supra 22 SSV. While we get a nice tall wall we don't seem to get the length that I see in these pics. I think next weekend we'll put another 400lb min up front. We have the front loaded now.

The question is does adding extra ballast to the one side of the boat do anything beside steepen the wall on your prefered side?

That's the biggest impact it has. If you have enough size, you can try running some additional ballast on the opposite side of the boat which will make the wake less steep. Just leave enough on the surf side to keep the wake clean.

If the pocket is too short, add more weight up front to lengthen it. If you're running significant amounts of weight on top of the stock ballast, your weight distribution should be close to 50/50 front to rear.

Sled491 Guest

Thanks, that's what I thought