Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XLV vs. LSV

I traded in our 23v for a lsv because the bigger boat used a lot more gas and diesel in our tow truck.Just felt like a chore turning that big bastard around to pickup a rider.
    Best thing to do is try them both and decide if you really need the extra space.

I had the exact same decision to make as you and since size was not an issue for storage, we went with an XLV. You will be happy, no doubt. It so roomy and produces a great wake or surf wave. Its a comparable boat to the Supras 22 and 24 ssv, and you will like the front playpen, kids love it. We often leave the snap on cover over it and the kids play in the "fort". It keeps them busy for hours.

Both are good boats, the XLV is just bigger but it is still a very managable boat and i really don't find it's bad on fuel.

I appreciate all the advice everyone has given....My brother graduates from Navy bootcamp later this month and there is a Moomba dealer close to the base that has an XLV and LSV, so we are going to definately look at them side by side. The only problem is we wont be able to test drive the XLV. Does anybody know how big of a garage you need for the XLV? If I keep it in my garage I will have to put it in diagonally. We keep our current boat in a warehouse that the in-laws own and only keep our boat in the garage when we want to hurry and get to the lake. Thanks again for any information.

Where is the extra 2 feet? In the cabin area, I think the beam is only 1 inch wider on the XLV right ? My friend owns an XLV and I an LSV and another friend commented on the wakes being very similar. I say get whatever you can get the best deal on. Remember the more ppl riding the less each person gets to ride. I know when my crew of 4 roll's out we can kill 4 hours easily taking 2 sets each !

It's true. The more people it holds, the less ride time for the guy making the payments. I think I now understand the appeal of a kayak.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Ya and i bet most of them don't even bring a jug of gas or a box of beer

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    I appreciate all the advice everyone has given....My brother graduates from Navy bootcamp later this month and there is a Moomba dealer close to the base that has an XLV and LSV, so we are going to definately look at them side by side. The only problem is we wont be able to test drive the XLV. Does anybody know how big of a garage you need for the XLV? If I keep it in my garage I will have to put it in diagonally. We keep our current boat in a warehouse that the in-laws own and only keep our boat in the garage when we want to hurry and get to the lake. Thanks again for any information.
    Unless they changed the height of the XLV, a standard garage door opening is too short to fit the XLV even with the tower down.
    Life's great when im on the water in my 05 XLV!

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    Ya and i bet most of them don't even bring a jug of gas or a box of beer
    Not even a box of wine.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Also i more thing to think about is the XLV handle rough water a little better. Less likely to take water over the bow.
    Adam

I'm going to start off by saying that finding an XLV within reasonable distance has been a pain in the arse. The closest dealer to where I can even look is a little over 3 hours. So needless to say I am hopefully going to get to look at one next weekend. Only problem is I wont be able to test drive it, that will have to wait another weekend. I do appreciate all the info ya'll have put in. I definately know what questions I am going to ask.