Thread: WTB Bimini

Default WTB Bimini

I have a yellow '05 LSV and need a bimini to allow my 4 month old to go boating with us this summer. I don't really feel like dropping the $600 that the dealer wants..as I think the bimini's are just plain cheap looking. I love the Z5 Cargo racks, but they are super expensive and don't fit my tower anyway. Anyone know of a Z5 Cargo rack similar type product, or just a plain good looking bimini that isn't going to break the bank?

call jim jackson at viper customs 865-388-4096 if he doesnt have one he can have one made very reasonable

Monster Tower makes a Z5 style bimini, Wolfman put one on his boat for $700 vs the Z5 price of $1500-2000

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....=monster+tower
    2007 Mobius LSV

Also check out Tazz, he had a custom yellow & black bimini for sale, would look killer on a yellow boat!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7550
    2007 Mobius LSV

I mounted the same monster tower cargo rack bimini on my boat this weekend that wolf has. I am very happy with it. I think it was $699. Sturdy, looks good, works well, very happy with it so far. It's supposed to be universal, but they make two sizes depending on how narrow or wide your tower is (particularly the front legs). I have a Monster Tower MT2 and I had to get the little one for it to fit in between the front tower legs, so my only regret is that it isn't quite as wide as I would like. But that limitation is caused by my tower, not the bimini, which I give an A+

I bought a Aerial Bimini and it is great!!! It goes over the tower so you do not lose and head room. It is the one in the little pic by my name.

bigger pic...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Razz...I had already contacted Tazz about his nice bimini...alas he checked and it won't fit my '05 tower. If someone out there knows how to adapt an '06 to fit the '05 tower...please let me know!

After debating the two options and getting owners opinions (thanks everyone), I decided to go with the towerbimini product from Ian at onlyinboards.com. I will post pics once it gets here and I install it, but just wanted to give Ian props for being so helpful in my decision process. For those in the same 'boat' as me, I chose the bimini over the monster rack because:

1. The bimini folds up quickly/easily and can allow the sun if desired. The cargo rack is either an 'on' or 'off' decision at the beginning of the day.

2. The bimini attaches via clamps to the tower, whereas the monster rack requires drilling. Because the clamps are movable, the height is also somewhat adjustable for the bimini...the rack is stuck where you install it in the beginning.

Obviously, the downside is no storage on the bimini...but as I have 4 racks on my tower (I used to sponsor our school's wake club), the only thing I need to worry about storing is the daughter's tube...and hopefully she won't want that for long