Default How Large is the Stock Ballast??

I have the stock ballast on my 2004 Mobius LSV. Does anyone know when filled, how heavy the single sack in the ski locker is? Also, I have looked at adding manual filled sacks in the storage areas alongside the engine where the additional sacks for the 3-sack ballast system would go. I have seen a package for two 350 lb sacks from Straightline - does anyone know if the dealer/factory option is the 350 lb sacks or do they use larger??
    Shoe

Default Replying to Topic 'How Large is the Stock Ballast??'

I just took delivery of my 2004 Mobius LSV. The front locker sack is 400#. The stock side sacs are 250# each. I just ordered custom sized/colored sacs for both my rear lockers from www.boardersparadise.com, which are actually made by www.bigwake.com. After measuring the rear lockers, I went with sacs 44x24x18. Which, by my calc, totals out to 687# each. Hopefully this should be perfect for surfing, but we'll probably only fill half way when wakeboarding. 687+687+400=1774, I think that may be too much weight if all full, but we'll see when I actually get them.

Hey, We are picking up our 04 Mob LSV in a couple weeks and intend on adding a custom ballast system aft. In our previous boat we really got tired of managing all the gear around the ballast bags. We ordered 2 poly tanks off ebay to fit in the aft lockers that are 48X12X18 and sold as 40 gal ea(about $70ea delivered). should be about 350LB ea. since they are only 12 inches high I intend on putting the stock ballast bag on top of the hard tanks for surfing.Should have @ 1700lbs when finished but as allwaysriden said should only use 1100 when surfing. I hope it fits! I have not figured out the final plumbing plan yet. Plan A is to use 1" fill manifold with lawn sprinkler valves and rule 1100gph fat sac discharge pumps on each tank and sac, might add a additional fill pump if stock pump is not sufficient. Looking for ideas, please pass them on.
    Pray for Sun, k-n-c
    ps. West Marine has stainless discharge fittings for $15 ea pretty cheap for a nice looking upgrade.
    04 Mobius LSV w/320

I dont understand how you can fill all your ballast bags and have 1700 lbs of load and not have your boats be overloaded before you even put a person or any skiing or wakeboarding gear on board. The manufacture plate on my Outbacks says 10 people or 1450 lbs . Can someone exsplain this.

Thanks,

Larry

Yeah, you will learn, most people run ballast double the load of the rated weight of the boat. You CAN get a ticket for it but most people don't care.